Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 September 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

Everyone have a great week!

• That got me confused - the words arrived before the photo! Beautiful dramatic view!

I have been a day out all week - was convinced Friday would be Saturday since Wednesday evening. So pleased I am allowed to have Saturday tomorrow! No plans for the weekend here, but I hope everyone has a good one.
  • Tried to reply and it wouldn't post......
  • I put on the words, on my tablet. Then I turn to my smartphone and find where I've posted, and click on 'edit'. Then I post the photo which is on my phone. A long way around it, I suppose, but it works.

Yesterday I was convinced it was Friday all day, so today I've had an extra day in the week!

• Evening all: Got home around 2:30; unpacked, laundry now drying. Back to normal - whatever that is.

Have read all the posts and I too remember Cargoes as one of my favorite poems, but unlike FB, I can't recite the whole thing. I just Googled it - for me it created some wonderfully vivid and exotic images, which is why I think we must remember it so well. Oh, and what about Sea Fever: I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky. And all I ask is a tall ship and a start to steer her by....

Can't think of a better way to say good night.....
  • Hey, AQ:

You might find this 200-year-old church and this story interesting. Last month, the United Methodist Church returned the site (in the state of Ohio) to the Wyandotte Nation. HERE

• Welcome home, Annette. Our posts crossed. Sleep well.
  • Thanks for the link DIANE. Great to see such an old church preserved with the Native Americans & early pioneers remembered. I’m not sure about the “writing” on the roof. BTW I’m ready to trade your current temp for ours – we’ve just passed 34 C. It’s a long weekend (Labour Day). I hope campers are sensible about fire danger.

HEATHER – You must be a lovely person that your various family gather so often. And get on with each other.

Ah, poetry. I wasn’t so good at memorizing stuff. (Maths for me.) I do remember sitting forlornly in the playground at boarding school, having been uprooted from my lovely local country school, and rewriting Browning’s “Öh to be in England” as “Oh to be at High School now that school is in”. I forget the rest. Yes, I was horribly homesick.

PAT – I have the Classic music radio on most of the time. (Rodrigo has just replaced Ravel as I type.) I “went off” Mozart the year of some centenary when they played almost non-stop Mozart all year! Modern music (ie after early 1960s) is not for me. I rather like the big band (1940s?). Sorry LINDA, I can’t stand opera! Wonderful that we are all so different.

• Good Morning. Dry here, but nothing like AQs temps..... about 14 deg.

Enjoyed all the posts - -- good that Annette is back home after a fun visit to Miss D.

Absolutely, AQ -- we are all different, and amen to that.

Going shopping, but won't buy too much food as we've decided that we'll go home earlier this time - pouring rain forecast for all of Monday. :-(

• I like opera, but it comes a long way behind my favourite 'singing' - the other 'O' - Oratorio. They don't write 'em like that any more ...