Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 September 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

Everyone have a great week!

• Wow, OH has been busy, glad to hear he can tackle that sort of job - my OH would be hopeless, we are not DIY at all. Hope it works well and that the plumbing problems are a thing of the past. Oh well, at least he says its the same size as the one upstairs and the old one is lower than the new one, what more could you ask. Just hadn't noticed it before I expect.

Our speaker today was interesting - talk on reaching the Kingdom of Heaven and how everything will be alright when we get there. Not an easy subject to broach but he was so enthusiastic about it.

Have my pre- assessment next Monday re cataract op and managed to get into to see the nurse in a fortnights time for bloods - suppose to do this 6monthly for thyroxine and Apixaban(anti-coagulant). When I asked if I was due they told me the last one was in Dec 2018 - oops, never mind its made now.
  • I know what you mean, Lindy. Unfortunately I find I can't take a bath as I can't kneel down on both knees to wash because of my prosthetic knee, so shower now. I would find it difficult to move properly in the bath. Hope you have a lovely weekend in Wales and that the weather holds for you.

Just watched one of Chris Tarrant's programmes of Great Railways which I'd downloaded - about the Jordan one through eventually to Jerusalem via Haifa and other stations. Always find his programmes interesting.

Love reading about all you have been getting up to or not! Take care all.
  • Who turned up the heat? 29 C yesterday. Mid morn and we’ve already reached today’s max of 27. It’s too early for summer. Food shopping was crazy, not only discount day for geriatrics but school holidays, so aisles cluttered with dawdling children. I must be getting old & grumpy. OH asked what I was doing with my day off (no nanny duty). Definitely hibernating, probably snoozing after lunch. I am still wading through hundreds of photos from recent bus trips. I must “clear the decks” as I have another on 13th.

I enjoy reading everyone’s posts. Trivia? Nah, it stops me thinking of myself too much.

• AQ: I WIN! Here in my region, we had the hottest day ever in recorded history for October. It was 92F or 33.3C.The entire eastern U.S. is embroiled in some weird autumn heat wave! Indiana always experiences that kind of heat in the summer, but it's way late for that now! And we're due to break the record again tomorrow! 

Really bad for kids, because some of the schools aren't air conditioned.

I hope you have a wonderful trip on the 13th, AQ!

• Evening all: Been really busy, daughter and g-daughter due home tomorrow early afternoon. I'm ready! I''ve a horrible feeling I'm beginning to smell a bit horsey.... We'll have a small b'day dinner for daughter tomorrow and then I'll be heading home Thursday afternoon; will probably spend that night in Indio, then home Friday a.m.

Thanks all for news of everyone's doings; have a good Wednesday.
  • Goodness, Diane!! (And AQ!) What temps!

Good Morning, All. Dry here, and I'm early because my OH has taken some friends to the Airport. He tried not to wake me but once his alarm went, I was ready for the day at 6.30.
  • LINDY - please magic yourself up here immediately!!
    We had another great evening and although my girls did a dishwasher load at 11.30 pm I stumbled into the kitchen, bleary eyed this morning to be greeted by a huge load of dirty glasses and dessert bowls....
    My youngest was very emotional, it was the first time that she had ever been in a room with all her (half) siblings. Two brothers and five sisters. It was indeed a joyful time and to have her Canadian cousins here too made it extra special. She told me that it was a day that she will never forget.
  • PS Some of you know my story - I have been married three times and widowed twice. My youngest daughter is from my second marriage. I have three children from my first marriage which very sadly ended in a divorce. My second husband had three children from his first marriage. He had been alone for some years when we met. He died when my youngest was 13 years old.
  • Hi all. We have been ticking away with odd problems. Currently basking in wall to wall sunshine. Tomorrow its all back again. The Forest has generally missed all the flooding, with, at this time of year, the Severn overflowing in its usual places and the Wye doing the same and flooding the road through Tintern as usual.

Now for the BIG NEWS which made the national News. We have 18 new residents joining us, they are Pine Martins. In time they should deal with the grey squirrels and reduce the damage to the trees. It is hoped, in time, that they may join up with a recently established colony across the Welsh border. This time they were thoroughly health tested, unlike the beavers which all died. That is still ongoing but is waiting for healthy animals as they had started the job they were there for and future flooding in that area can be reduced or removed over time.

Hope those with problems are improving/not getting worse. I still have minor short-lived relapses but they do not interfere too much with living. The worst thing is muscle weakness, lets say it is frustrating especially my wrists.