Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 September 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY AUTUMN EQUINOX! 

I hope everyone has a great week and a beautiful autumn! The equinox is Monday (the 23rd). 

AQ: Have a wonderful spring equinox. I know you celebrate the first day of spring on September 1. Have a great season!

• LINDA - you are so right - in our youth, we did not use school time for political purposes!
  • OG:   Apparently, quite a few notable people in world history were on some kind of spectrum (these days, seems like everyone is!).  I think Greta's a great spokesperson for her generation and the serious and real problems they're facing.  I remember "them" warning about pollution, diminishing natural resources, etc. etc. back in the 1970s.  I do fret for Ms. D and her generation and wonder why anyone would brings kids into the world as it is.   And there are so many ostriches who just want to ignore it all and hope it'll all go away without them having to get involved. Talk about kicking the can down the road!   Meanwhile, not surprised by UK Supreme Court ruling.  Didn't the lower UK court send it upstairs rather than deal with it?   So many idiots in charge of so much these days....... Sigh.

Lindybird:  Kids probably wouldn't have got the attention if they'd done it on a weekend.  I've completely missed/forgotten about a wedding?  Sounds like you and SiL are getting married, but that can't be right.  :-)

Lynette: Pretty countryside!  Thanks for the pix.

Take care all.

• It is said that most of us are somewhere on the 'spectrum' !!!!
    We had a lovely visit today to a small town called Narberth. Loads of independent shops which I love visiting. I bought a top and arrogantly refused to try it on because I could see (!) that it would fit. Ha ha. Guess where we are going tomorrow....
    Lunch in a fish restaurant - amazing. I had grilled plaice with a tarragon butter sauce. Served with samphire.
    Weather is mixed but of no concern .
    Thanks to all for your posts.
  • Annette: Young, hippie relative of my OH's is getting married next June in an outdoor setting. He is a lovely person, and he and his intended are very much into Nature and All Vegan and Outdoor. They have invited pretty much all of my OH's family, except for our children, to join them for the entire weekend and then to go on to Glastonbury (!!) as well if we want to.
    Of course, us older relatives are happy to join them on their happy day, but not so keen on staying in a yurt without electrics or plumbing.... Sis in law, and possibly also Other Sis in Law (the one who now has Bonnie when we go away) may attend also. We have offered them a lift as North Yorkshire is a very long way from here and we will all have to stay one night minimum. I am looking at motel type places in nearby towns.
  • Heather: You came on to post whilst I was explaining, above. Glad you're enjoying yourselves. The weather, as you say, does not matter. Hope you can exchange the top for the same one in a different size. I adore eating fish when out.

Speaking of food, I must go and chop some onions for dinner. Bye folks for now.
  • HEATHER - envy the Samphire but not the Plaice - has to be Sea Bass fillets for me!

And now for something completely different - Caerlaverock have reported "The Barnies are back"! Best piece of news today!
  • Lindybird: Agree yurt probably not at the top of my list either. (Didn't know they still made hippies.) :-))
  • OG - Sea bass was available but I've never tasted it! It was a favourite of my OH. The menu was extensive, locally caught fish. Large lobster £60. I like lobster but that seemed a few ££££ too much for !unch!!
  • LINDA – Some of our yurts have all mod-cons. Goodness knows what the charges are! Some publicity blurb for glamping here — “The tent has a luxurious interior with a gorgeous ensuite bathroom. A large queen sized bed, kitchenette, with fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and plunger coffee facilities. For your comfort there is an air conditioner, blue tooth speaker, television and an iron. The bathroom has a rain shower, claw foot bath, toilet and red gum vanity. Adjoining the courtyard is an quaint outdoor kitchen with a stove, BBQ and side burner, sink, utensils and pans.”

Nanny duty today and I have been booked to arrive half hour early to chop veggies for double batch of soup. Next week is school holidays, again.

• AQ:  Quaint kitchen?  I think I grew up with one of those.  Iron?  Dare I ask which half of the guest party will be using those?  

Heather: Sea bass one of my favorites too.  Sounds like you're having a lovely time.  :-)