Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 September 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

Annette: Enjoy your trip to L.A. 

Parents
  • The whole area was declared a reserve, way back in 1955, and it has red squirrels in the forest, which was grown between 1947 and 1965, to provide forestry & logging jobs for local people.

The beach is long and of golden sand, which we can see from our own bit of the coast when we're on the mainland!

• We deliberately waited for it to be 'out of season' so it would be quieter. There were still quite a few people there, and most of them had dogs!

• Bonnie ran about, and was pleased to meet a couple with two Springer Spaniels, who of course wanted to play. They were rushing into the sea, so I said, "She doesn't like to swim". However, she got carried away chasing them both and in no time they were all in the water. She did try to entice them out, and they ran around in the shallows until we had to say we were going.

Then we had an ice cream in the car park, and walked in the woods --

Beautifully quiet, although we saw no squirrels, red or otherwise.

• Bonnie ran about, and was pleased to meet a couple with two Springer Spaniels, who of course wanted to play. They were rushing into the sea, so I said, "She doesn't like to swim". However, she got carried away chasing them both and in no time they were all in the water. She did try to entice them out, and they ran around in the shallows until we had to say we were going.

Then we had an ice cream in the car park, and walked in the woods --

Beautifully quiet, although we saw no squirrels, red or otherwise.

Children