Weekly chat (non osprey) Sunday 1st September 2019

• Thank you Heather for starting us off after a little hiccup.

OG - Oh dear, a lily set you off do hope that all is well now. See you had your lunch. We also had a chicken dinner.
    Dau and I have now got someone in to come and mow all three lawns as OH is finding it increasingly difficult to do. A bit expensive but he does it till end of Oct and starts again in March so it gives us time to build up a fund for then.

Hi Annette - keep finding distant relatives going over the pond to California and Canada in the 1800's. Its fascinating finding out where they get to.
  • Annette - see that they are now closed for the season so that is what may have been happening over the weekend at Abernethy - LG.

Its been another lovely day down here - washing out and dried although the clouds came in late afternoon with the odd shower (forecast) Off to our Women's group tomorrow, first of the new session after the summer recess. Should be interesting as its one of own members' husband speaking.
    I won't say too much on Brexit as I'm all for it but whether this is the right way to go about it!!!!!!!!!!!!! enough said.

Annette - just seen ref re that ferry boat - do hope that they find survivors.

OG - at least J knows where he stands. I take it this is the best outcome and that it is what was expected. Do hope all goes well for J when he gets the call up. My dad was treated at Wythenshawe many years ago in the cardiac section.
  • Lynette: Whereabouts in California did your family end up? Well, whatever it is that politicians do, we could always do a better job! :-) Smart to get someone to help with the lawn; no more worries about your OH doing it...
  • HEATHER – Thank you for starting our new week.

It is foggy this morn. It has cleared in our street but I can’t hear any planes so airport is still closed. Planes were diverted to Melbourne (1½ hours away). Reports that our state has had the lowest rainfall for 90 years, down 41% of average.

• AQ: Ugh. Don't like the sound of that rainfall record. How long as this drought been going on?
  • Hi, all. I'm just popping in to say "Well, done!" to Heather and to Harelady. You both did fine.

Nice to see you, Harelady.

Dorian, the strongest hurricane ever to hit that area of the Atlantic since record-keeping began, is beginning to approach Florida. CNN has posted a free webcam. I just thought I'd pass along the LINK in case anyone wants to take a look. It doesn't appear too bad, yet. The storm has stalled out, moving only 1 mile per hour, so I don't know when it will fully reach Florida. The tracking shows that it won't make landfall, but will make a big turn, hug the coastline, and follow it north. Not all the models agree, though. NASA is worried that it might hit the Kennedy Space Center, and they moved their 400-foot-tall launch tower indoors! 

OG: I'm so very sorry that J and your family must endure more adversity. Safe travels, and I'm thinking of you every day and sending you strength.

• AQ: I'm sorry about the terrible drought. I wish I could have sent you some of our Midwest flooding rain.
  • I have been very remiss and not been on here for ages. Hope all is well. Must dash as off to the hairdressers and a routine appt at Raigmore at 1200.
  • Mostly dry now, but not to last long. Sparrows appearing in clouds to feed at every dry opportunity.

Don't know what our plans will be for Manchester - depends on hospital timetable. Not really expecting further news until next week. meanwhile J is just coping - has a sicknote for three weeks at present. Could be increased and post-op will be another two weeks..

Can't really manage replies - no concentration. We are planning a day out with lunch for the three of us on Friday, meanwhile haircuts today, J has GP appt Wednesday, cleaner Thursday - in other words just routine stuff here.