Weekly chat (non osprey) Sunday 1st September 2019

• Good morning on a dreich and dreary Monday. OH will go shopping without me - excuse: don't want to get the scooter wet! I think I must get on with making birthday cards - even had to resort to buying some last month!
  • Pretty dreich here too, OG. The garden man messaged me last evening to say that he would be cutting grass today. I wonder.

HARELADY - see what happens when DIANE and ANNETTE are out of action - everything goes to pot :-)
  • Morning all:

Harelady: Good to see you and your efforts are appreciated.

Diane and I were wondering if the RSPB were working on the site overnight Saturday. We'll see what happens next weekend...

OG; Was out walking this morning and realized four big family events in the next four weeks so had better get busy...

Muggy and warm here today.

Oh geez. Now the site won't let me use Rich Formatting. I wonder if this will even upload as is....
  • Yes, ANNETTE - HARELADY and I both had the same idea! At least she managed without help, unlike me....
    I've just read about a fire on a dive boat off the coast ? near you?

What a wet day here. The grass has been cut - he must be mad or desperate or both.
    I've had a message from the Danes - ' Brexit or not, we have booked the ferry and will be with you on 13th November '. That's the spirit!

• Heather: Yes, the boat is based here in Santa Barbara harbor - it was well-known and always moored close to the Condor Express (the whale watching boat). Just awful. Still no real news regarding the cause - and they're still searching the beaches nearby for possible survivors. Lots of local coverage. Apparently the vessel was up-to-date with all the safety regulations. Very sad indeed and you can't help but feel for the families....

Meanwhile, I have Boris live on BBC.com saying - not much it turns out.  I can hear the crowd in the background.  Does he really think the EU is going to change the terms at this point???

• Brexit/Boris ... Can anyone tell me when democracy died? I obviously missed it.
  • He's killed democracy, killed his party's chances, ruined Britain - started sackings just like someone else? Who is this dictator? Oh, he's got himself a wee rescue dog, that makes everything better - not!
  • J received hospital letter today - patient copy of referral from The Christie endocrine team to the chosen surgeon at Wythenshawe re full Thyroidectomy.
  • OG - Yes, it was the bit about 'If you don't vote with me you will be suspended from Parliament and not allowed to stand in the next election'. This is not the country I thought it was ... and it's very sad.

Pleased that J received his letter from The Christie. Hope there is not too much delay in the next step. I'm sure you are all feeling better having got that letter.
  • PatO: I rather liked Hugh Grant's depiction of Mr. J as an "over-promoted bath toy". :-)

OG; Will you all have to go to Wythenshawe? That's a long way.