Weekly chat (non osprey) Sunday 1st September 2019

• Greetings from a very fed-up Yahoo user. Off from 7.00am until around 4.00pm. I am now able to send and receive e-mails, but what happened to all those (probably around 50, which is a reasonable daily average for me) from the hours in between? I found a website which covers incidents like this, and it was certainly a global problem. All there was from Yahoo was a message that said 'Some customer's (their apostrophe, definitely not mine!!!!) may be experiencing problems logging on'. I wonder if we will ever recover those missing messages? One poor chap said he lost a job because he hadn't responded in time. I'm sure that sort of thing will be multiplied all over the place. Small businesses, freelance workers ... I suppose I got off lightly, but I'm still fed up!
  • @Pat O

Not much help but at least you can always check this first,to find out it is not just you.

downdetector.co.uk/.../yahoo-mail

Also I always keep another account ,say ,g.mail or outlook or whatever,and ensure that they forward mail to yahoo and make yahoo send to them. Not sure that would work though , when yahoo is down.Doh!!!But certainly if you have anyone important, ensure they have all addresses.

• Thanks, SunnyKate. That was the site I was watching ... very interesting comments. I have two e-mail addresses (gmail as well as Yahoo) but although I have tried to make them talk to each other, have so far not succeeded. But as you say, on this occasion not sure it would have helped, as everything seems to have been swallowed by Yahoo. Wonder whether they will ever come back ... the ether must be packed with undelivered messages flying around looking for a home!
  • It's just after 9 am here and no problem with AOL.....
  • Pat O said:
    I have two e-mail addresses (gmail as well as Yahoo) but although I have tried to make them talk to each other, have so far not succeeded. But as you say, on this occasion not sure it would have helped,

G.Mail  select settings (Little cog top right)

In settings....Move cursor along to select Tab ..Forwarding and POP/IMAP

Select forwarding ( first listing) fill Yahho address and the box alongside select keep copy in g.mail

Scroll to save changes.

Apologies for cluttering your chat  page.

• Thank you - I'll try that. Don't think it would have helped this time, but I imagine next time something totally different will go wrong ...
  • SunnyKate2 - No need to apologise to us when you're being so helpful :-)
  • I say no problems with AOL, but major problems with Verizon Wireless!
  • Gardenbirder: Nice to see you! But I'm very sorry that the outage created problems for your trip arrangements. I hope you can get your planning done, and I also hope you have a wonderful time on your holiday!

Annette: Sorry about your wireless.

Hi, all. Here's a WEBCAM that shows a live look at Hurricane Dorian (now a Category 2) at the Frying Pan Light Tower off the coast of Cape Fear, North Carolina. 

Have a good night. 

• Thanks, Diane. We're off to the States but the closest we'll get to Indiana is Illinois (for about 3 days of a far longer trip!).

Kind regards, Ann