LOCH OF THE LOWES – JULY 2019

Link to previous thread:   Loch of the Lowes - June 2019

The season so far:    LM12 (Laddie) arrived back 15 March and LF15 (Lassie) on 23 March.  Lassie laid 3 eggs on 4, 7 and 10 April hatching 11, 12 and 16 May.  Sadly on 26 May tragedy struck and the third chick died.    The remaining two chicks were ringed on 26 June as follows:  #1 Blue PT4 (M) and #2 Blue PT5 (M).

Link to Webcam\Copyright:  © Scottish Wildlife Trust – Loch of the Lowes

• From scroll back, two fish deliveries this afternoon

First, just before 16:00

PT5 claimed it

Distant chipping after Laddie left the nest

16:30 Lovely close up of PT4

Second delivery, around 17:20. Both had been waiting on the nest PT5 (at the back) grabbed this fish too

18:25 PT4 has been waiting on the nest for about 25 minutes

18:28

Copyright SWT/LotL

• 20:02 A fish at last for PT4

PT5 (back) lands on the nest

Copyright SWT/LotL

• A crow was tidying up on the nest just after 21:00, PT5 flew down and told him in no uncertain terms to clear off!

21:14 PT5 was preening but suddenly shot off the nest

21:20 PT5 back again, a crow is close by

21:32 He stood around calling for fish, nothing materialised and he flew from the nest. He was heard calling in the distance afterwards

Copyright  SWT/LotL

• Good morning
    8:35 Cam appears to be down

• Morning Sandra and ALL.

Sandra, unlike me, you contribute so much to this thread that I am wondering if you wish to start up the new August one later tonight? You may wish to do something more special than just a summary (which I tend to do) with all the lovely captures / moments you have following this pair. I am working late tonight, as I do every end of month so no problem starting off Lowes along with MB which I do, but thought it would be nice to ask you or anyone else:-)

• Morning Karen. I'll give it a go (never done one before!). I'll add to your info from the start of the July thread if that's ok?

Cam has been back on since just after 9:00. PT5 was on the nest but has since left

Copyright SWT/LotL

• 10:30 PT5 on the nest

10:35 Cam has zoomed in

10:45 PT4 landed on the nest with what appeared to be a very full crop

Copyright SWT/LotL

• Good morning!  Last night I got the cam recording again, probably only temporary and not with the full trimmings... then the cam went down!

Got this shouty pair a few minutes ago :)

IMAGICAT

• SANDRA - of course you can add to the summary for that is all I would be doing - a one liner as to when they fledged. The reason I just did a summary and kept it brief was because the opening post shows every time we use Rich Formatting and easy to access last thread/copyright.webcam.

I just didn't want anyone thinking I was being pushy starting off most of the threads so offered the deed if anyone wanted to do anything different :-)

But good for you giving it a go. If you need any help or anything turns up and you can't just shout for I’ll be around:-)
  • Thanks Karen, very much appreciated! :)