DYFI OSPREY PROJECT – JULY 2019

Link to previous thread:   Dyfi Osprey Project - June 2019

The season so far:   Telyn (Blue 3J) arrived back 30 March and Monty on 1 April.  Telyn laid 3 eggs 17, 20 and 23 April hatching 26, 27 and 29 May.  The three chicks were ringed and named on 28 June as follows:   #1 Blue KA1 (F) “Berthyn”,   #2 Blue KA2 (M) “Peris” and #3 Blue KA3 (M) “Hesgyn”.

Link to Webcam\Copyright:   © DOP - Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust

• Thank you All  for your kindness and thanks for the DYfi pictures

My love to all of you xxxxxx

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• This morning's wakeup.

Juvie copying on the nest:

The another:

One lazy-bones:

This was Telyn having just flown up to the perch with alarm calls - no follow-up that I could detect:

IMAGICAT

• There were a few intruder alerts thru the morning, I couldn't see anyone the one time they scanned the skies.

When I suddenly came upon this I thought it was a magnificent wingercise but it was Telyn dropping down from her overcam perch:

Is lazy-bones KA3?

Legs and wings stiff as boards:

KA1 getting height:

And doing the side-glide:

IMAGICAT

• Supér-duper captures SCYLLA........do people still say that?
  • Shame the cam is so distant this time of the morning......Telyn or Monty moveing a long stick
    One juvie eating and another did a shot flap
    According tochat Monty has brought 2 fish so far
    However the adult was they have flown to the larch perch
  • patily said:
    Supér-duper captures SCYLLA........do people still say that?

I think I said it twice yesterday on Manton Bay - and I didn't even hyphenate it, lazy mare ;)

WAKEUP (brightened)

KA1 (I bet) flapped:

Telyn stretched (dang, I nearly cut her tail off):

Telyn flew up to the perch:

And flew off while KA1(?) flapped again, it had a good session:

Then they all flapped 'n flapped but I couldn't capture them all with their wings raised at the same time.

IMAGICAT

• Monty flew in from behind us with a flounder for BREAKFISH:

A juvie nabbed it and Monty flew up to his perch:

The juvie looking at us has just lost interest in the fish and another has taken over - very civilised:

I  love this stance:

It led to quite a high leap:

Here's another soon after:

My downloader cut off after 6 hours while I was asleep, so I may be missing interesting things you reported, PATILY.

IMAGICAT

• Yes I am missing those events, PATILY, as that download cut off @ 06:09 and I didn't wake up for another hour! 

Monty brought another fish and waited for Telyn but she didn't arrive so he left it on the nest - 2 hours later Telyn had still not been on the nest:

IMAGICAT

• All five present, two on the perch and three on the nest.

Kind regards, Ann