LOCH ARKAIG (The Woodland Trust) - JULY 2019

Link to June 2019 thread (Following Karen's excellent example of providing useful links....)

On 1 July, chick 1 is 30 days old. Chick 2, from egg 3, is 27 days old. 

Apart from the sad failure-to-hatch of egg 2 , everything has been reasonably settled on the nest, and Louis is in the running for Mary's 'Fisherman of the Year Award'.

Link to webcam, courtesy of The Woodland Trust

• 04-59 Sudden arrival of headless fair size Fish... took both young pretty much by surprise.. Aila not present. Eventually JJ2 reached out and grabbed the fish.
  • Looking pretty miserable in the rain

Rannoch complaining

C WT Loch Arkaig

•  Aila flew @ 02:48 and I couldn't find her coming back:

Mallie had a stretch and a gape:

Trying said:

03-20 am .. Something disturbed Mallie?...I think maybe it was NOT an owl, maybe Aila? flew past.top left and into the night to the rear, Allie having left the nest a while earlier

And this is all I've got of the flyby - thank you, TRYING, for alerting me that my frame had shifted and I've been missing the top!

Rannoch up to flap off water, soon back to lying down:

Temporary daycam:

Distant alarm calls from Aila:

Rannoch ate a bit of it:

That's enough:

Aila came and fed Mallie:

She ate the tail and picked up dropped bits:

They all dozed on their feet:

Strange little episode when Aila approached Rannoch and crouched by her side, Rannoch pecked at Aila's wing:

Mallie did some wingercising and helicoptering, during which time Aila flew:

After lots of pre-fledge-style leaping about, Mallie finally flew:

Rannoch had a poop and got a bit active:

It got misty for a while:

Change of light:

Accidental zoom:

This is the status quo:

• 09-33 am Headless Fish. Mallie missing...Aila gets the meal, shares some with Rannock...that is until eagle eyed Mallie sees fish and returns for her share.

• Trying said:
    09-33 am Headless Fish. Mallie missing...Aila gets the meal.

Good fish:

She soon had to feed Rannoch:

Mallie landed and is now being fed.

• FISH !!! But it's behind a smudge. Did he take it away? Hang on...
  • Scylla, there was also a fish at 11.58, Mallie ate most of it but Rannoch got the tail. Aila was nowhere to be seen during the 11.58 fish but made sure she got the 12.36 one. Aila is currently feeding Rannoch. Ian
  •  Lovely golden fish:

He didn't take it away, by the time I tried to focus Aila had it underfoot and was stood standin' like a 'nana:

No-one moved in for feeding, either, but now I think Rannoch is getting fed.

I'm packing up for a while.

• 14.10, only Rannoch is on the nest. Louis arrives with a tiny portion of fish followed by Aila & shortly after Mallie. Aila takes the fish and feeds both chicks, Aila has the tail. Ian
  • Aila just flown Mallie wing flapping and walking around Rannoch resting