Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

Raining and raining and raining here.

• Heather:  Oh right. I forgot about different construction methods, even though I suspect nobody anticipated such heat when they built them.  The old Mexican-style adobes here in California were built with mud and straw and had extreeeemely thick walls that were great insulators (but not so great in earthquakes or floods).   SiL injury not too bad then.

OG:  Ha-ha.  Please, not time for Thanksgiving yet!  :-))

AQ: Don't worry about posting, I shall be just popping in when g-daughter and Ms. D arrive.  They'll arrive next Tuesday, probably in time for the US-England Women's Soccer Match.

Lindybird:  Ugh to the drive; take it easy.

• Our Eldest arrived today, and sat in the garden with us until I cooked some chicken breasts for dinner. He ate it at top speed, as usual; he has always been a fast eater! He's now gone out with some friends from this part of the world, who he came up to catch up with.

We sat in the garden this afternoon, as I said before, as there was just enough breeze to help keep us cool. Enjoyed sitting amongst our flowers as the garden is quite colourful at the moment, and we put up the big parasol. But its been very hot and muggy. It was a relief when a few drops of rain fell, late afternoon. Bonnie had another go at digging, in the middle of the lawn.......

• ANNETTE - as you can imagine, the old brain is a bit out of sync right now - of course I meant Independence Day!

LINDY - sorry about the journey down - always happens doesn't it - if you have no deadline it goes fine, if you have to arrive by a certain time, traffic problems are worse. Glad you got home safely afterwards. Good of you to feed your Son when he has come to see friends - hope he won't arrive back too late tonight - you two need your rest.

Day went surprisingly well - J coped with visitors and was very lucid in a phone conversation with Dau#2. Little ones were lovely - although wee boy was rather hot - teething temperature together with hot and humid weather. And Miri had a tantrum about getting into her pyjamas to drive back to the hotel - well she is two years old! She enjoyed time in the garden with great Grandad.

Heard a couple of rumbles of thunder but very little rain - feels like it needs to break with a storm tonight.