Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe week. 

I'm working on my freelance project, so I won't be posting for a little while, but I hope you all are well! 

dibnlib: You are in my thoughts, and I'm sending you strength. I'm so very sorry. 

• AQ - hope your trip comes off.

ForestBoar - glad to hear that you feeling as near normal as possible, all the best for it to continue.

OG - well done for OH to get all the lawns mown.

Annette - that chicken salad sound scrummy, at least you can repeat it.

Lindy - Yes, the garden centre you visited is the one we also visited when staying not too far away a year or two ago now. Sounds like a great day out and the Lleyn Peninsula is lovely.

Well, weather has been pretty miserable the last two days, especially today, wet for most of the day and they say we are in for some more overnight and tomorrow. We need it here in the SE/E.Anglia area which we are classed in even if we are slightly more central.
  • Forestboar:  I like the sound of your doctor.  Nice to read that you're doing better.

OG:  Isn't Scotland planning another referendum and/or vote on independence?   Or is that waiting for Brexit?  Sympathies re the Prospect of Boris   Put him beside the Orange Menace and we'd have Tweedledum and Tweedledummer (or maybe Boris is smarter???).  Heard about a bumper sticker the other day that read: Elect a Clown; Expect a Circus.  

Lindybird: The day sounds just lovely and very relaxing.  Take care in the rain tomorrow.

Our dishwasher has gone on the blink, refusing to part with water and hoarding it in the bottom of the machine.  Service guy wanted to come late tomorrow morning but OH's friends/former colleagues are coming up from LA for lunch after much juggling of schedules and now we're expecting him Wednesday morning.  A first-world problem....

• Good Morning. Dry here at present, as this part of the country seems to be a little pocket of weather sometimes. Rain expected later, and we're expecting to drive through heavy rain going home.

Sorry your dishwasher has decided not to co operate, Annette. An aggravation.
  • Drive safely in the heavy rain, Lindy. Good journey.
  • Hope things are going well, Diane -- and if they're not, then kick the furniture!! ;-0
  • Safe travelling, LINDA.

Annette - sorry about dishwasher. Ours is temperamental - gives us the fault message "F02" to which I always reply "and the same to you"! Engineer has never managed to eliminate the problem, but we have a way of tricking it past that part of its programme.

No rain here - apparently not much tomorrow - it seems to be passing either side of us! Cloudy this morning but not cold. J has another appt at the occ health agency this afternoon.
  • Home safe after very wet journey, with the usual lorries and heavy vehicles tossing plenty of rain our way! Feel better now I've had a corned beef sandwich and a hot cuppa.

Off to empty all the various bags and boxes

EDIT:  And I've put the heating on, on full!!

• Glad that you're home safe , LINDY!

LYNETTE/LINDY - my heating has been on, also.

Rain on and off all day here today, so no outside work done. At least we haven't had the dreadful rain that South East England had.

ANNETTE - sorry about the dish washer. We had similar once - it was the pump that had to be replaced.

I must be losing it! I was informed that step grandson would probably be parking his car outside this house while he was at work as of course it is free parking and at the moment, no parking permit required. I've been looking at this red car for a few days and only just realised whose car it is....

• Pleased to see you are safe home, LINDA, and keeping warm.

Still no rain here, expected from midnight tonight and then a dry window to get to 11o'clock Rheumatology appt and back, then more in the afternoon and evening.

Surprised step grandson didn't have the courtesy to introduce his car the first day so you would know whose it was, HEATHER!
  • Due to change the beds tomorrow and am seriously thinking of putting the fleece covers on again as its so cool. Usually this time of the year I use a polyester cover and flanelette sheet to ease in for the summer months.

Went to our Womens' meeting today - AGM - was voted on again as Chair and our other officers are standing again. Mind you there are very few ladies who would take over our positions as we are an ageing group.

Taking OH along with Dau and Son + D-in-L out for lunch to a local hostelry on Sunday. The kids pay for this which is a lovely gesture.

Still getting some rain and in fact the area has been put on a yellow allert so not sure how much more we are going to get. This sort of weather makes you want to hibernate.

OG - hope J's appt. goes well for him.