Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a nice week. 

Thinking of you, dibnlib. Several people left messages to you on the end of last week's thread HERE

• Have had a busy day: took my OH to the Hospital at lunchtime, ready for the camera down the gullet procedure. He was kept waiting for over 2 and a half hours, as he was the last in his group to be seen to. As he had arrived there half an hour early, he was weary by the time he was called! Good job he took a book with him....

They said afterward that there was nothing scary lurking down there, which is a relief. They could see a flap of the lining of his osophagus (spelling?) which they didn't think mattered. I gave him a lecture on the way home, about bolting down his food! as he gets indigestion mainly when he has just begun eating. Anyway, his test results will be sent to the Doc, together with his ECG from yesterday.

Have a good outing tomorrow, Annette - hope you find some shoes you like.
  • Lindybird: Good news re your OH. I tend to inhale my food, but to no ill effect (at this point).
  • I feel like I'm his mother, sometimes, nagging him on how to eat. But I think its a lifetime habit to eat too fast. Now at least we are over with all the medical investigations for a while.

He is going to drive (forbidden after having a sedative anaesthetic) and go to golf tomorrow morning (also forbidden, as he should be taking it easy) <sigh>
  • Good Morning. Lovely sunshine here this morning.

I'm off, lots to do!
  • Glad your OH passed the test, LINDY!
    I've got hairdresser this morning, hopefully will come on here later to see what is what !
    It is pouring rain here. Again.
  • HEATHER - Please send some of that rain down here. Last night down to 4 C. It would be warmer if only it would rain.

• Its been a beautiful day, although still low temps really for summer (Is it summer, yet?) Went to nearby town and hit the shops - bought extravagant ready made meals in M&S, plus some of my OHs favourite iced buns, to celebrate his luck in not having bad results from the tests.

He is playing golf all day tomorrow in a special Away Day to another course, but insists that we can put everything into the car and get to Wales whatever time it is, in the evening. All very well, but I'm not even sure which end of the journey we are eating our evening meal! I've just been watering the garden, so that my newly planted pots will not suffer too much. The weather looks mixed ahead, anyway. As I type its begun raining here, now!
  • Rain has stopped here, May be drier tomorrow. My pots don't need water, I copy OH and push my finger down into the compost....
    Got hair cut and blow dried. It got wet, only to be expected. I wash it every day anyway, in the shower so it isn't a tragedy.
    Went to M and S and got the same as you, LINDY.

I have just watched yesterday's D day programme on BBC. I'd recorded it. Found it very moving and was teary during a lot of it. 

• It was very moving, wasn't it. I keep catching bits of the various events and the old gents were really dignified, plus some of them spoke very well. Glad it stayed dry for all the services and dedications.

Hope OG is OK, not been on lately.