Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• Evening all:  Lovely ride to and from LA.  One friend didn't show up (she rarely does, according to other friend), but we had a good natter and walk around before we parted.  

Lindybird:  You will get use to the new paint and won't even remember what the original paint looked like.  :-)   Lovely poppies - I remember them for previous years..

Heather/Lynette: Yes, protea native to S. Africa.  Long-lived on the plant and dramatic cut flowers too  I took the secateurs to one of ours that should've been pruned two years ago.  Now we may have to wait a year or so for a good bloom....  Oh well.

Take care all.

• Good Morning. Rain on the windows here, but only a quick shower and not enough to water the garden. Should be dry later.

Annette, glad you enjoyed your trip to LA. My brother once sent my mother some Protea flowers from S. Africa, when he 1st went to live there. (He's been there since 1971) They were beautiful, huge and dramatic.

Lynette, I remember you taking a holiday not far from where we go in N. Wales; we've been going to Glaslyn every year for many years. It's not RSPB now but is run by a dedicated team.

• OH has gone to have J’s car listened to – he drives it for J’s journeys while J can’t, and it has developed a noise. It is covered by various warranties etc, so hope it won’t cost anything! I am having a morning in the study without interruptions, so hoping to catch up on various tasks.

LINDA – I hope the conservatory green dries to a colour you both like! The usual lovely poppies! Sorry there was a shower this morning – or pleased if it was what the garden needed!

LYNETTE – I found the Glaslyn Osprey project quite disappointing – there was a volunteer who insisted on telling me things I already knew – spoiled my visit – also, you don’t get close enough to really see the birds, as you do at LG or Threave!

ANNETTE – pleased you enjoyed the drive to LA and back, and that one of the friends made it worthwhile!

I hope everyone has a good day and more sunshine!
  • HEATHER I have seen most of them and performed ain a couple at school. The setting for this one performed by ENO is completely different. It is set in a hotel in the UK I think.
  • J's car very poorly! Will be a warranty job and we shall get it back tomorrow, but taking up a lot of precious time.

Turned out to be very windy this afternoon - sitting watching OH work in the garden was quite invigorating! Will be a big watering evening - wind has dried the soil.
  • Interesting, DIBNLIB! Not sure how I feel about it but will investigate!
  • Hope you like the paint, now, LINDY. I love your poppy!

ANNETTE- a pity that one friend didn't appear but it sounds as if you had a good time, anyway.

OG - under warranty is good -

It has been a very grey dull day here. If things carry on like this, I will have the garden finished just in time for Autumn!
  • The paint dried to a pale, mossy green which in some lights, doesn't appear very green at all! But at least it's not too greeney blue looking, like the previous one. I just admired it and said that it all appears nIce and clean and fresh - I expect that after a couple of days we won't notice it!

OG - Sorry that J has the hassle of his car problems. As you say, although no expense might be incurred, it will be a nuisance to be without it for a while.

Heather, gardens are like the Forth Bridge anyway - you're never finished. Sorry you've had such dreary weather lately, which doesn't help. Glad you like the poppy. I'm boring really as I photograph it every year.
  • LINDA – You can keep on boring me with your poppies! I love them.

ANNETTE – Yes, temps much more pleasant. We’ve had a little rain, enough for farmers to start seeding. Please may it continue.

OG – I am smiling at your comment “sitting watching OH work in the garden was quite invigorating.”