Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• Thanks, DIANE, will look at it later when chilling out.
    I've been weeding and turning over ground in the front border. Where the hedge was, I've hit hard stuff which turns out to be house bricks! My back is protesting so will do it in stages today.
    LINDY - an azalea is a good idea, I've one normal sized one at the back plus a couple of dwarf azaleas. A normal one will be good. As for your sis in law's rhodies - know what you mean. I have one here on a boundary. It must be twelve feet or more in height but looks spectacular when in bloom, a cerise pink.

AQ - love to read about your church adventures!
  • Hallo everyone.  I'm taking the train to LA today to have lunch with two LA-area friends at Union Station - a gorgeously restored and maintained place; back this evening in time for dinner.  Will keep an eye out for any whales on the way, though the only recent sighting (from Sunday) notes one lone calf - no sign of Mom - which does not bode well. Tomorrow is the last day of the count.

AQ;  Sounds like a productive day out. Can we assume temperatures are more comfortable - but still no rain?  I can tell you that our weather pattern is very unusual - our rainy storms head east and turn into extremely dangerous weather over the Plains and Midwest.....take care Diane and bjane.

• Saw the video of the Black Bear, thanks DIANE, glad he didn't get the eggs and hope he returns to preferred home.

We saw "Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake" this morning. It was a real treat. Unusually the lead and the cygnets were danced by males and it was just magnificent. While we were at "Eden Court" we booked for "The Mikado" and "Educating Rita" in July. We are seeing 2 things in June so I think that will do for now.

We gave Benson his treat when we got back and offered him a walk but as it was threatening rain he declined
  • Thanks DIBNLIB for reminding me about MIKADO - I grew up listening to G and S.
  • Yes, take care, DIANE and Bjane. I will look at your weather, when I'm in bed and wandering around the world :-)

ANNETTE - enjoy the time with your friends!
  • Lots of time outside today - and progress in front garden. But the days aren't long enough!
  • Gosh, you're both really getting 'stuck in' on this project, OG and EE. Hope you enjoy the final results.

Dibnlib, I saw some of the male version of Swan Lake on TV when it was first done, and it was wonderful. Wish I could have come with you! We like G&S, too. How nice to have lots of things booked, to look forward to.

My OH rubbed down the old paint yesterday, and today began to repaint the conservatory. Bonnie tried to help by licking his ears while he was on his knees. The new colour is quite different.

Conversation:
    Me -- "That green looks strange after the other one, I wonder if it will dry to the colour I expected....."

Him: -- "I don't know and I don't care -- I'm not doing it again!!!"
  • Pics taken in the garden this afternoon:

--  My favourite beloved poppies.

• Hi all, lovely reading your news. Love your gardening poem, Lindy.. Afraid I hate it or at least ours at present. Really needs an overhaul .

Had our Womens meeting this afternoon with the local assistant vicar from the Parish church coming to speak to us. Very good but we shan't be asking him again as he's off to his first Parish at the end of next month.

Glad all is reasonably well with you, OG.

Protea flowers, native to South Africa are a beautiful bulbous type flower. Unfortunately we didn't see many when we over there as I think the blooming season was over - Oct visiting that country.
  • Diane - saw something about that whilst I was looking on YouTube at our osprey nests on my phone tonight. Pleased he didn't get the eggs.

Lindy - have you been to Glaslyn before - quite out in the open over a railway line. Wooden hut houses all the equipment and visitor centre. We visited whilst on holiday two or three years back now.

AQ - your church crawl sounds as though it was interesting.