Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Evening all: Have been busy with daughter and more of the same tomorrow. Will catch up in a day or two.

Meanwhile AQ, I thought Archie......Bunker?
  • Good Morning. Drizzling a bit here again. My OH has gone off to golf after having a go at some of the exercises I was given for dizziness. He complained that his ears were bothering him and he's been feeling dizzy on and off for a week, although I'm sure his blood pressure is OK. It's worse when he bends down, so I said that he had nothing to lose by trying the routine which had cured me. However, I will be sending him off to the Docs when we return from Wales.

AQ -- Glad you enjoyed your belated birthday and that the children weren' t too much trouble. Frustrating to be a bit late to get home, though.

Everyone have a good Thursday.
  • Lindy - Hope your OH has one of those 'thingies' on the end of his putter that picks the ball out of the hole. Saves a lot of bending!
  • LOL, Pat! - I bought him one for his birthday a few years ago!

Good Luck with weeding through all those emails!

• Hi! Damp earlier but forecast says sunny intervals and dry for remainder of the day – and it is definitely getting warmer day by day.

LINDA – I hadn’t realised you were living among all the football WAGs of Cheshire! Weather looks very promising for your stay in Wales; have a wonderful time! Didn’t make the card until this morning, then realised I had no trimming bits for men; I chose a bird photo from the archive to print out on photo paper for an aperture card, but printer connection was being silly and I had to lie to the settings to get it to print at all and it came out in monochrome. Since it was a black and white Goose, I decided it looked rather classy so used it anyway! Work in the wetroom progresses – vinyl is being laid now and my toilet will come back in soon, from the garage (I borrowed a commode from the Red Cross to use at night). G’s passing has left a big gap in your life because you did so much together; don’t try too hard to be cheerful – you can shout and scream as much as you like on here! I hope your OH will not be driving while he feels so dizzy!

PAT – sorry you have an inundation of emails to deal with – I hope you won’t be missing any appointments due to the backlog! I was lucky letting my parents go; both had been ill before they died, and I did my grieving when they stopped being themselves.

WENDY – I hope you – and the dogs – will enjoy your Daughter’s visit! Good to have your August holiday settled.
    AQ – sorry Nanny day was longer than promised, but good that your Daughter is recovering.

ANNETTE – I see you are also busy with your Daughter. We are pleased to have a party acceptance from Dau#2 – J will be pleased as what he most wants is to see his two sisters together!

Blood tests this afternoon, so must be getting lunch to be ready to change and set out!
  • OG - the centre of Worsley is really lovely with the Bridgewater Canal running through and the trees freshly out at this time of year but sadly or perhaps a saving grace, with the trees grown up , can't be seen from the motorway. You have to come off it to go into the village itself.

See from all your news that various things have been happening. Lindy hope OH's dizzyness subsides and you have a good break in Wales. AQ - see that Nannying duties were prolonged but hopefully good has come out of it and that your dau is recovering.

OG - hope blood tests prove Ok.

Weather pretty miserable today.
  • Have arrived OK. Drove half the journey each. My OH says he feels worst when he bends down, so is alright driving. He does feel better today, so I'm hoping that the exercises are helping.

We drove through rain, followed by drizzle, until we nearly reached Caernarfon - then we found that the roads here were dry, and it had not rained at all! Sat out in the sunshine with a cup of tea when we arrived.

The new chairs look good, and are comfy, so I'm very happy. Off to cook our sausages for dinner...
  • Wet room almost finished in the three days - calling back tomorrow to check on one row of tiles which had to go back on wall - used spares we had kept! There is one corner which I am not happy with, so we shall ask him to tidy the finish just there, but otherwise pleased with result. Now have much cleaning to be done - and eventually some painting.

Pleased you arrived, LINDA, and that OH seems to be somewhat better - that is good news.

We mostly seem to be having good weather in the next two weeks - not good for the decorating as we shall want to be outside!
  • Woke up to a nice morning and our weather is due to get better and better over the next few days. Planning a circular walk at the canal (5 1/2 miles) over the weekend.