LOCH ARKAIG (c)The Woodland Trust - MAY 2019

Serene at this moment ;)

IMAGICAT

• Louis just tucked himself more firmly onto the eggs, Aila is fidgeting with mini-sticks...

IMAGICAT

• CATCHUP - from where MARY left off.

A look, and Louis flies:

A gust of wind blew the green furry stick over to Aila's side:

Eventually she put it back where (she thought, but we might not) it belonged:

FISH !!!

Aila's getting good now :)

The weather had closed in by the time Aila returned with an indistinct footful:

Thanks, Aila, this turned out much better for us :)

In motion, the trail from Louis's feet looked more like water than nest debris:

Aila got some tiny dozes thru her shift:

Louis flies in to relieve with a small something:

Aila was gratefully away:

Aila seemed to land on Louis's head (but I don't think she did, I think he just ducked) when she returned with a piece of bark:

She put the piece of bark right next to her eggs:

And enjoyed the company of the fuzzy stick:

FISH !!!

Aila came back with a very large piece of bark:

She put it on Louis's back, and he soon took the hint:

Then the fly-by and landing of Louis with the bit leafy twiggy stick which he dumped beside Aila:

There was a big buffer so a changeover was lost.

Louis moved the twiggy leafy stick with his tail when he turned the eggs:

it stayed upright, forming a bit of a cot-rail, CIRRUS ;)

Aila "beat" Louis with a tiny stick:

And shifted the green leafy stick:

It took a while before Louis upped and flew:

No supper for Aila ;'(  but she does seem to be having a peaceful evening so far :-*

IMAGICAT

• Aila asleep - a sight for sore eyes :-*

IMAGICAT

• You missed the Owl?? disturbance about 11-20PM sylla.....
    Pics to follow...but you may want to do a vid scylla....PLEASE, nicely :)

• ahhh. Love this pic! Thanks Scylla.
  • Thanks Trying. Will scroll back now and hope to find it. That pesky owl is becoming a nuisance.
  • Aila rose slowly and had a poop over the side, settled back on eggs. No alarms so far :)

Well, TRYING, I will not attempt to hide my blushes - did I miss an hour?!  Off I go...

IMAGICAT

• No, I didn't miss an hour - the owl attack occurred while I wasn't watching and when I returned I gratefully snapped Aila resting peacefully, but if I'd continued the catchup it would have been seen in the next hour.  (One has to explain, of course.)

All over in a flash, but poor Aila took so long to settle down afterwards.  However - she's still there, there was no suggestion that she might flee :-*

Does the preview thumbnail betray it as a Tawny?

IMAGICAT

• Thanks for the vid scylla :)

There was a short call after the nocturnal attack...and it def sounded 'Tawny' to me....

But who am I? ....certainly not someone who is that knowledgeable about bird calls.... but I still suspect 'Tawny' as I got use to one that spent a year in my part of the land, who I use to listen out for each night. Sadly...twas only to be for a year.