GLASLYN OSPREYS – MAY 2019

Continued from April 2019

The season so far:

Mrs G arrived back 25 March and Aran on 1 April.  They are currently incubating 3 eggs laid 13, 16 and 19 April with the first expected to hatch around 20 May.

Link to Webcam\Copyright:  © Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

• Hi MARY Another sooaking wet mum protecting her babies
  • 17:05 Chicks feeding

Copyright BGGW

• A very sketchy resume of the day.

Aran brought a flounder and MrsG started feeding pronto:

Aran came and took away the remains of the flounder:

He soon brought back the tailend, which MrsG gratefully nabbed and fed herself and an osplet or two with.  (Disgraceful sentence, too bad.)

Aran brought a stick, which MrsG very clumsily rearranged, dragging the end of it thru the osplets - no damage done:

Aran brought another flounder:

We don't often see him fly off in this direction (he was soon back on the nest):

The flounder went to and fro:

Then a big poop!

Another flounder!  I'm sure we should all be grateful for the flounders' sacrifices in this weather :-*

I think the osplet got tucked under with this morsel still dangling:

Aran's turn:

I watched this feed quite a bit and wasn't happy for little #3, but I'm sure it will work out in the long run :-*

Bonking session:

#3 kept out of the way, even when the victor pounced at the end:

More chick pix - no #3 at the surface:

16:40 - Aran brought (you guessed it!) another flounder, which jumped away and ended up under MrsG's tail... Aran managed to fish it out and took it away and prepared it for MrsG and the chicks, and a feed duly followed - sorry this ends abruptly, I'm up against it now.

I am not happy with #3's day - it's had some morsels but very few.  But I've been unable to really, really watch carefully.

Later the fish went to and fro again, till there was nothing left.

That's up to 20:40.

IMAGICAT

• Thanks everyone for all the update and lovely captures.  Also Scylla, thanks for a recap of today's events. Hopefully #3 has had enough but I am sure, knowing Aran and Mrs G, there will be plenty for it tomorrow.