LOCH OF THE LOWES – MAY 2019

Continued from April 2019

The season so far:

LM12 (Laddie) arrived back 15 March and LF15 (Lassie) on 23 March.  They are currently incubating 3 eggs laid 4, 7 and 10 April with the first expected to hatch around 11 May.

Link to Webcam\Copyright:  © Scottish Wildlife Trust – Loch of the Lowes

• 06 MAY - camperson on duty early!

She won't look at the cam:

The sun shines on Lassie but will it bring good fortune?

Unseen intruder:

Laddie not seen so far this morning.

According to me !!!

IMAGICAT

• Thanks Scylla for the video of the microphone chomping sound....

Once again I scrolled through last night without checking the thread and you had already done everything I captured LOL...  (Closeups of eggs etc)

It seems to be quiet at the moment, but I wonder how long that will last.    

I hope Lassie gets a fish delivery soon.   Sorry for the dups, for me it takes so long to do them :-) so shame to leave them sitting in a folder.  

She looks peaceful at this stage....

At the moment

Someone revving a car driving past, cannot imagine anyone getting that kind of speed up on the roads around Lowes, very dangerous. 

© SCOTTISH WILDLIFE TRUST - LOCH OF THE LOWES

• Good Morning SCYLLA and MARY
    Lassie quietly incubating Fingers crossed for a peaceful day here
  • Good morning, PATILY (I know you're gone by now, but hey!) xxx

IMAGICAT

• MARY apologised (no need!)

"you had already done everything"

Only because STARLING was concerned as she couldn't find a fish delivery, then one thing led to another and it seems (at the risk of repeating myself "according to me!") that Laddie has not been seen since he flew off chasing an intruder @ 08:13 yesterday morning.

Sound familiar? :'(

I do hope we find that I've missed something - you wouldn't believe what can get lost when scrolling thru rather fast.

IMAGICAT

• I should be packing up now but am too anxious, so will get a coffee and snack...

IMAGICAT

• Good morning scylla, mary & patily.
    scylla thank you so much for all your hard work looking for a fish delivery, I didn't mean to worry anyone, but you know what it's like you post your thoughts and hope someone comes in and puts your mind at rest.
  • Morning All - thanks for all the updates and captures.

Actually my first question was going to be has anyone seen Laddie for I watched on/off yesterday and never saw him.

I hope he shows up soon and we see a fish delivery.
  • STARLING, you weren't being alarmist, I was optimistic that there'd been a fish, we can't be watching 100% of the time... so you'll understand my feelings as the minutes and hours flew by and no Laddie :(

I wonder where MIKE is? He'll know someone who knows something ;)

IMAGICAT

• Posted on SWT but I can't see a date and the days/times don't tally with my obs.

©Scottish Wildlife Trust, Lowes

An eventful day at Loch of the Lowes

It’s been a surprising 24 hours here at Loch of the Lowes.

Our breeding male, LM12, was last seen on Friday morning at 9.44am chasing off an intruding osprey. The female, LF15, has been left to incubate all day, with no visits, fish or changeovers in incubation by LM12.

A possible sighting of an osprey behind the nest at 9.15pm by our Osprey Watch volunteers that same day  may have been our male, but this could not be confirmed.

Meanwhile, LF15 settled down to incubate for the night.

At 5.30am, as dawn broke and the sky became clearer a male osprey landed on the nest, much to the dismay and agitation of the female. She loudly alarm called and beat her wings to drive him off. It appears that this osprey was not our breeding male, LM12.

[VIDEO]

Since this intruder, there have been several more attempts this morning by intruder ospreys to land on the nest. It’s possible this is in a bid to court LF15 or take over the nest. At times there have been upwards of four ospreys in the air above Loch of the Lowes, sometimes as many as six.

IMAGICAT