Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 April 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a joyful May!

Happy May Day!

• Shocking news for you, Heather. Too young.

It's brightened up here, and I've put my towels on the line, which were washed yesterday. I dragged my OH off to B&Q, as I saw a bargain yesterday and we wanted to go and buy paint for our conservatory project anyway. The two sturdy garden chairs I saw on offer were still there - marked down as being only £20 instead of £37 each. I wanted them to put out on our decking at the caravan, as some folding ones we bought 2 years ago have been disappointing, one already having broken.

When we got to the checkout, the woman said "You've done well!" I looked at the till readout, she was marking them as being £20 for the two!! There was some very slight damage to the finish of one chair, but otherwise they were fine. My OH also managed to get some pea and bean seeds for only 50p a packet, so he was very pleased.

Oh, and after some cogitating, we got the green paint, too. :-)

• Brilliant bargain, LINDY! Just love it if that kind of thing happens.
  • LINDYBIRD: Patio chair story reminds of my recent purchase of new hairdryer. I had a 10% off coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond where I found a small, lightweight one in shocking pink (not my color, but it was on sale). When I got to the checkout stand, I found the price had been slashed even further (final clearance) and after the coupon was applied I ended up paying the whopping amount of $1.80! I get a warm glow every time I use it. :-)

AQ: Sorry, but Mickey Mouse is not an option for you guys. We already have him (or is it his evil twin?) as our President.

HEATHER: Gosh, that's awful about the window cleaner; wonder if there was some unusual hidden condition....

Had lots of laughs at friends' last night just sitting around the dining room table. Having a quiet day today but will go to Tai Chi class later...

Interesting gains for the smaller parties in UK elections but haven't had time to read analysis of any possible repercussions.

Take care all

• ANNETTE - regarding John the window cleaner - don't know if he had an underlying heath condition. I might hear through the grapevine.

We've just had hailstones here. Just as well that I haven't bought summer bedding plants yet.
  • Just seen the news about Manchester lock down..
    I do hope OG got to do all the things she had planned..
    Snow hail wind and sun... grrr
  • Haven't seen that news, WENDY, will check.
    Two foreign scout leaders came into son's shop today and bought five bottles of very expensive whisky, so son has a smiley face....
  • Sorry, got that wrong, they weren't scouts, blame my poor hearing!
  • OG says ll three safe and well. No knowledge of incident here at Trafford Centre all afternoon. Sent from EE's mobile!
  • That’s a relief OG via EE..,
    Wherever it was lockdown was lifted but now reintroduced ..