Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 April 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, joyful spring week! 

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates the day. 

Photo: A Nene, also called a Hawaiian Goose, standing at the Kilauea Volcano's rim with a lava lake in the background. The Nene is the world's rarest goose and is exclusively found in the wild on the Hawaiian Islands. They are endangered.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
NPS Photo/Janice Wei, labeled "Public domain" (copyright free) 

• Belated Happy Birthday AQ from me too.

Thanks for all your news, love reading what you have been up to!

Take care, all.
  • I came on this morn after breakfast to find a lovely snack from DIANE. Thank you. And thank you to LINDA, OG, HEATHER, ANNETTE & JANE for your greetings. Yes, it is my birthday today (26th). When I was much younger, I complained that my mother was a day late, as I always wanted a holiday for my birthday LOL. Anzac Day is a public holiday in Aussieland.

Yesterday on TV I watched the Anzac services at our Cross of Sacrifice and then the dawn service at Gallipoli. The former was interesting as I recently photo-ed the Cross of Sacrifice to post on my flickr pics. I have more pics of the memorial garden – you may have to browse to find them. Today I am bunkered down with all windows & doors closed. The neighbours are having asbestos removed from their house. Luckily the wind is blowing the right way for us.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AQ!!

Hope you enjoy your day!

• Sweet peas! Lovely. Thank you LINDA.
  • Hope your day has been going well, in spite of the asbestos, AQ! I only just had time to look at your photos - I like the sculptural Flame of Remembrance.

Good Morning. Bright here at the moment. We had a late night last night, as we went to eat at a relative's. The original invite had been for lunch, but then one of the guests had a medical appointment and so it was changed. We enjoyed roast pork and all the trimmings, followed by a glorious home made strawberry Pavlova with cream. As we were all (8 of us) of a certain age, we had many discussions about our health, plus how the younger generation perceive us! All of us had been on "nanny duty" recently so compared notes :-)

Must attack my To Do List again today, as it's been neglected recently.
  • AQ - potential asbestos in the air? how horrible! Hope they have a licensing system over there for removal and disposal

LINDA - started bright here too, but cloudy all around now and according to the forecast it is raining but no sign of it - just oppressive atmosphere - feels like it needs to thunder!. Sounds like a pleasant evening and good food with relatives last night.

I went to see GP this morning as arranged for a steroid injection, but she had been thinking about it and decided I should have a more complex one which she doesn't do. Senior partner would do it, but not yet! Also had a letter to arrange a rheumatology appointment which I now have in four weeks time, so will hopefully get it done there.. Meanwhile it's "put up and shut up" when the pain is bad. It is particularly bad today, so I haven't gone out with OH for M&S Food.
  • OG - I'm so sorry that your pain is bad - is it a flare up? I know that you live with pain all the time but have forgotten most of what I was taught about arthritis. I remember that it is an auto immune disease.

LINDY- your meal last night sounds so good. When I moaned yesterday about not being interested in food I was, in a way, blaming my Dad for my lifelong poor appetite. He really did go on and on at us. As a child, I can remember mealtimes being an ordeal. He used to berate me for eating too quickly etc etc. He used to tell me to chew every mouthful 30 times. Yes, really!

It is dry here again. We have wildfires that desperately need rain.
  • AQ - Horrible to think about all those asbestos fibres.....

ANNETTE- hope that you get the pond sorted. Good that your plumber didn't discover any nasty problems. I'm getting fed up with things constantly going wrong. I've not organised the fence repairs yet. My sons in law are telling me that they could put up new panels - but when ?! I'm inclined to let them have a go. My neighbour is so nice but she won't keep her side of any joint fence painted regularly, she just doesn't worry too much about things. So a cheap solution might be for the best!

What else can I find to moan about? Give me time, I'll think of something.....
  • Sorry you're not too good, OG. {{HUGS}} I just came back from M&S Food, where I bought a couple of new things to try, plus a packet of their yummy wine gums!! Did my shopping, plus a quick nip into the Charity Shop with some books etc., then found it was raining when I got to Tesco. Scurried in and out, pleased with my cut price dog food, plus a non stick baking tray which I bought half price - I had to promise my OH that I would throw out one of my Mums ancient 55 year old trays, I've had them for years.

Thanked our hosts from last night, it was good to see everyone, although we did tease sis in law mercilessly about her navigational skills when she arrived a little late!
  • Heather, you came on whilst I was writing. Your Dad has been responsible for your attitude to food, without a doubt. What a shame. Please don't fret over the state of the fence too much. In a few weeks or months, it won't matter.