Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 April 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

Finally getting some warm weather on my patch. The grass turned green in 24 hours! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, peaceful spring week! 

• Not sure where this week has gone. There was the usual nanny duty, drove OH to Doc appt, only housework I remeber was removing protective coating of dust on furniture. With a fine day & 24 C predicted, I decided to do a catchup wash and gathered everything I could for 2 loads. It is well on the way when OH reports misty rain. <sigh> Yes, we need rain but this mist is not enough for garden (let alone farmers’).

ANNETTE & HEATHER – I read that the cat belonged to the embassy.

• Annette: I would think it's reasonable that the salvia have returned to their bright red color because of the increase in rain. I don't know much at all about gardening, though, except that I'm tired of cleaning up the recurring stinging nettle around the front of my house. LOL I didn't know anything about the SpaceX launch. I missed it completely. Facebook seems to have changed what it considers a priority in my newsfeed.

Lindy: I enjoyed all of your beautiful photos. I love the balconies full of flowers.

Heather: If it's any consolation, I have my own door lock issues. My front door wouldn't lock, so I bought a brand new door knob system to install. When I tried to remove the old one, I stripped the screw. Now I can't get the thing out of the door knob hole. I'm going to put some duct tape across the top of the stripped screw, so the screw driver will have something to grasp. If that doesn't work, I'm going to take a hammer and hit the danged thing like a wild woman until it falls apart!!!
  • Evening all:

OG; I bet you enjoy being out and about after being indoors for so long. Are you finding it easier to get around?

Lindybird: Nice that G's husband is being invited to places - and accepting. Good for him!

Heather: At least you've got the family members to help with all those broken household bits and pieces.

Diane: I missed that Kennedy launch too; no mention of it on TV. Are you in the path of any tornadoes?

Hi Lynette; hope you're doing well.

Have been on the go all day. Lots lots got done but I'm fading fast.. Can't believe it's Saturday tomorrow - already!

• Good Morning, All. Bright again, here.

AQ -- I realise now that I have had a good "protective coating" on my furniture for a while! Sorry your washday turned out to be damp....

Annette - Good that you got lots done, but please take a break now & then!

Lynette - Nice to hear from you.

I was tired yesterday, after a bout of hay fever which dried up when I took a medication but that then had the effect of a woozy head and a headache. Ugh. Off out shopping and errands today.
  • You'll be relieved to hear that I'm feeling a lot better today. Not as much snuffling and sneezing, so no need for meds. I've got a clearer head and the sun is still bright, but I can't get up any enthusiasm for going outside to do gardening, as it's darned cold!

Will take to my ironing board instead, at least it will make the pile of crumpled clothes a bit smaller.
  • Exciting news on the LG thread, as an osprey pair have been seen on the nest, mating! Not our dear EJ, sadly - she must have decided to retire to warmer climes
  • Hello LINDY
    Have had middle daughter, Callum and his girlfriend here today, they have just left and I can come on here to see the status quo.
    I'm glad that you are feeling better, The sun has been shining here, all day, but not very warm.

DIANE - I hope that you can fix your lock. I'm not quire sure about what you did to the screw, but I have heard of folk drilling a screw out? Callum used easing oil and brute force on my lock. It is working now but youngest son in law says that his dad will come and replace the lock at some point, as it seems to be on its way out.

ANNETTE - ease up! you seem to be very tired - sorry about the whale count. Olive bushes? Does that mean that you get olives?

OG - Is J a bit of a hoarder? Seems a lot of rubbish to collect in a bedroom!

Will check the LG nest....
  • Morning all: Not tired folks; just busy - blame it on the spring. Off to whale count this morning (no wind).
  • AQ - I like the words ' protective dust'! My daughter was taking books out of a bookcase here, today. I was trying to remember the last time that I did the 'take books out, bang the pages together 'etc. Sadly, some time ago! Amazingly, no dust visible!!
  • We had rain at 3.45 am when I woke briefly. Rain was brief too, a mere 0.8 mm. That’s mm not points. Off to church for Palm Sunday. Easter nearly here. What will the shops do to replace E eggs & hot cross buns? Oh yes, mother’s day on 12 May. More adverts of the variety “How much do you love your Mum”.