LOCH ARKAIG (c)The Woodland Trust - 04 April 2019...

The arrival of our couple, virtually together, was first snapped @ 19:12

©SANDRA !!!

©RICHARD G B

©SHEENA

=====================================================

=====================================================

Yikes !!!  I thought I must have missed it but it's all there waiting for attention :)))

Thank you, everyone, for the super captures and info :)

I can't believe they arrived together - but they did! ;-D

Three matings altogether, only the first successful, IMHO.  They were on the nest nearly 13 minutes, this is cut down to 5 but no significant activity missing - you know how they like to stand and (males) mantle and (females) look a bit nonplussed ;)

UNCUT VERSION:

The first was the best ;)

He sat here for ages after his second nestcupping:

• Louis is back with his fish.  Both look a little concerned off nest

Aila gets it, pauses before flying off to the right and almost immediately out of camera.

© The Woodland Trust Loch Arkaig OP

• That was a magical few minutes of Louis landing with fish... couple bantering...wary look-abouts, fish handover...Aila away....and Louis taking up incubation duties :)
    Cant wait for the someone to produce the vid...so that moment is kept for prosperity
  • 14.29 Louis isn't happy, looking around he gets up to rearrange himself in a different position, but still anxiously looking beyond the nest. Not quite lowered down yet, looking around. That's better!
  • ca 14.40 Aila returned, Louis stayed down for a while before getting up and moving away from the cup. Aila headed towards the cup and took over incubation. She clearly had a good meal and brought nothing back for Louis this time.
    Oh!! He lifted up, and landed on her back, but Alia was having nothing to do with it, and he flew off. She turned the egg and settled down!
  • I'm having more network problems (thanks to Windows10) affecting the LA laptop mostly - so am in the depths of depression, I'll try to get up the fish exchange glowed over by TRYING...
  • Surprised more are not posting reports about this nest....

There was another fish delivery at 17-20 Smile  .. and all handled in a mature way. Laughing

This nest is a joy to watch, well is for me...as Louis and Aila seem to have quite some real character to them.

And for those who follow on You Tube...there is the option of two chats. One on the actual YouTube cam page. or another if watched via Woodland Trust page HERE

• I can't get to grips with all the new forums from last year both on here and disqus... so just watch and wait .. was so much easier in the past
  • Louis gone though ... when will Aila return?
  • I am fairly sure Aila is not far away....but I do hope she is quick enough to respond should a quick opportunist predator appear.
    Temps tonight, as far as I can suss out, are not expected to go down too low, maybe 8° or 9° C.
  • The early afternoon fish reported by TRYING, including Aila's return with it:

Louis looking well and well-fed:

She ended up shouldering him off:

Good headless fish for Aila, no quibbles:

She brought some back:

This is just for Louis's wings:

He brought some back!

This is just for Aila's pretty breast:

Changeover:

Louis flew off, no-one on nest since :o