LOCH ARKAIG (c)The Woodland Trust - 04 April 2019...

The arrival of our couple, virtually together, was first snapped @ 19:12

©SANDRA !!!

©RICHARD G B

©SHEENA

=====================================================

=====================================================

Yikes !!!  I thought I must have missed it but it's all there waiting for attention :)))

Thank you, everyone, for the super captures and info :)

I can't believe they arrived together - but they did! ;-D

Three matings altogether, only the first successful, IMHO.  They were on the nest nearly 13 minutes, this is cut down to 5 but no significant activity missing - you know how they like to stand and (males) mantle and (females) look a bit nonplussed ;)

UNCUT VERSION:

The first was the best ;)

He sat here for ages after his second nestcupping:

• I just came back into the room to see Louis fly off with a lovely whole (I think) fish :o
  • She was quite eager for it:

She's behind him about to take it, but he flies off with it >:(

She's now calling and calling.

• I've seen Aila nestcupping a few times today, hopefully that shows she's feeling at home and is in breeding mode.

I'm hoping these are MARY-like snaps but expect the 'quality' won't be right.

She's currently sat sittin' in the nestcup.

• Fish returned, some eaten, and taloned over without too much ado:

Louis has since been nestorising and is now standing looking out over the back of the nest.

See y'all later.

• Aila is back already!  Fish gone.  Louis just mated and flew.

See y'all later.

• Ahhh Dovering, that takes me back  as my Gran used to say wheesht your Grandad is dovering in his chair. 

Bless Grandad that was always after his lunch. zzz time and he always referred to his dovering as "forty winks".

Thanks for the memories Smile

Here I go once again with my late captures, thanks to everyone and please tell me your secret as on how to 

post /reply in correct place and get such wonderful pictures.. Oh and to Sheila FE  , Yep , slow down speed on

rewind.. forgot and often forget  to do that .  I have stuck a post it note on my laptopSlight smile

It was a good vertical take off by Louis

Probably the angle but Aila looks so big !

mmm is she growing !! 

• Loved all your pics Scylla but particularly the smaller one of them both. I am so happy for Arkaid and so want a triple fledge for them this year.

Dovering - surely a courtship term for birds who have found their soul mate and are content enough just to be side by side. (I've totally made this up of course)

Lovely pics Korky and Mary - just lovely

New day, new page. Good morning Karen.

Just forwarding this cos I'd like the posters I commented about to know I appreciate there great efforts (if you'll excuse me Kartn).

• Thanks for all the updates and captures

Aila on the nest just now, waiting quietly so hopefully Louis is away fishing

c Loch Arkaig

• That was odd
    Aila was laying in the nest cup and suddenly she got up and started shouting loudly I thought she was calling for breakfast but a few seconds later Louis (?) tried to land....no fish
    He made about 3 attempts but I couldn't tell, as only saw part of lower body, if he was trying to land on the nest or on Aila to mate but she was having none of it and kept pecking towards him She has been standing on the nest since after seeing off whoever it was
    I have spent agea tying to find it on scroll back but it happened so fast I can't an I have no more time to spend on it, sorry
  • Loved all your pics Scylla but particularly the smaller one of them both. I am so happy for Arkaid and so want a triple fledge for them this year.

Dovering - surely a courtship term for birds who have found their soul mate and are content enough just to be side by side. (I've totally made this up of course)

Lovely pics Korky and Mary - just lovely

New day, new page. Good morning Karen. Hello Patily

Just forwarding this cos I'd like the posters I commented about to know I appreciate there great efforts (if you'll excuse me Kartn).