Loch of the Lowes 24-31 March 2019

Well, I thought I'd start a new thread now both birds are back. I can't remember if we do a daily or a weekly thread for LotL?

LF15 (aka Lassie) arrived back on the nest at 5.50pm on Saturday 23rd March, after LM12 (aka Laddie) had been skydancing for an hour or so. He delivered a bit of fish but there was no nookie observed. This will no doubt happen once the bond is truly resealed and Sunday 24th March may be a busy day.  As at 4.10am, she is still on the nest, asleep, in the droopy, head down position, like she's got a headache. Tired after her journey but no doubt happy to be home.

SWT have yet to confirm it's her but it's looking very likely.

• scylla said:
    It was KORKY who started the thread, CIRRUS, in honour of the return of Lassie.  I've no idea how we will continue, I will go with the flow :)

I think I can change the header to 'week beginning 24 March'. OK, it's a Sunday, but. Garten had daily updates last year but maybe weekly would suffice for LotL? Views?

• Have a great day Karen, it is a super place.
  • Yes SCYLLA, I will be taking a cam but it is not that great. Any info I get I will share later.

I am about 1-5 hrs/2 hrs away and as we were going out anyway, we just decided this morning to go to the Lowes.

So I have just finished breakfast and we are now leaving. SYAL
  • It didn't look like there was anything afoot:

However, they both flew, did Lassie nab anything to take with her?  Don't think so.

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    it's a Sunday, but. Garten had daily updates last year but maybe weekly would suffice for LotL? Views?

These are mine, which everyone is free to disagree with but only if they're kind ;)

We have to keep the number of threads down, partly out of respect to the non-Osprey Community members and partly to keep the titles on one page.

Only LG has a new thread daily, the other nests are "guests" and only recently (in their long-term history here) were all upgraded to monthly - however, if weekly is the popular requirement, as said I'll go with the flow :)

IMAGICAT

• Oh, clap clap clap Karen. You'll have a great time. I hope you'll get some wonderful close up views
  • ''You can show me how' ok dear but only when you are more free with time than you currently are. I just wondered if that was why the snaps seemed clearer or whether all the buffering plus the nest shaking about made the snaps 'seem' out of focusl.

Thank you KORKY for starting the thread. Such wonderful news to have Lassie back

Mmmm, yes, thinking out the non Osprey community  you're right Scyulla. Weekly would be too much for them plus, as you say we do want the threads on a single page (mostly). So I'll go for monthly too. I had simple forgotten what we used to do about them all.

• Ok I've made an executive decision. I've changed the heading to 24-31 March. That's a week. It's also the end of the month. SO next week, we have to make another decision, whether to go for weekly or monthly. But we could put it off for another week, like Brexit.....ha ha

• The cam is very blurry (as well as shaky due to wind), it's a matter of being selective, but that's not easy if you're taking live snaps :o

IMAGICAT