DYFI OSPREYS- March 2019 onwards

Camera update.

Good News: We've got all six nest cameras working, tested and running beautifully.

We also tested the Live Streaming briefly this afternoon too - it will be on by Monday next week.

Bad news: Our efforts at fixing our Sennheiser MKH 416 P48 microphone have failed so we still don't have audio as of this evening, but we're on it.

Massive thanks to Andy and Tony this week for enduring some brutal weather (not forecast!) on the marsh.

We'll get there.

• I don't understand IT, YouTube, cams, you name it...  Apparently, when, say Glaslyn, falls out the YouTube link changes number (don't ask), but if you bookmark YouTube the links will be there if you subscribe to a particularly link - Glaslyn, Dyfi, LotL - you will find the links on the main YouTube page!

Not that I have time to follow much 'chat', but Glaslyn has that facility as well as Dyfi, here

But I have found a second camera on the Dyfi YouTube cam link.

Cam link, with live chat

Hover your cursor over the bottom right of the screen.  It exposes the red 'live' line, below which are the icons for settings etc.  The fourth from the right, second from the left, shows the option of two screen, two cams!  One the main cam on the nest, the other is the perch cam!

Main nest cam

and perch cam

Also info

5:20 PMDyfiOspreyProject​     Managed to fix the Glaslyn from here!
    5:21 PMDyfiOspreyProject​     More hardware arriving tomorrow as well to try and fix the audio crackling
    5:21 PMDyfiOspreyProject​     Two cams won't work on phones
    © MWT DOP

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• What a find Sheila , thank you. The info is great too. Bookmarking essential I think
  • SheilaFE said:
    I don't understand IT, YouTube, cams, you name it...  Apparently, when, say Glaslyn, falls out the YouTube link changes number (don't ask), but if you bookmark YouTube the links will be there if you subscribe to a particularly link - Glaslyn, Dyfi, LotL - you will find the links on the main YouTube page!

That's why I changed the LOTL link on my OP to the CHANNEL page, where you can be sure to reach the up-to-date stream via the LIVE link :)  I think I've got it in video descriptions as well. 

Downloaded live streams from YT cut off after 6 hours, so they have to be checked all the time (if you've got several on the go), it does one's head in and one forgets... :-/

Thank you for all that info, SHEILA :)

IMAGICAT

• TREVOR has accidentally reminded me to post the morning mist descending - this was yesterday or the day before:

IMAGICAT

• I don't think the cams are OK yet, they're cutting off after 15 seconds.

IMAGICAT

• It's been mentioned that the cams will be rebooted at 10am Scylla
  • Thanks Sandra.

This is another cam I am having difficulty accessing. My old link doesn't work now.

Just a suggestion but would it not be a good idea to include a cam link on the opening post of threads. I realise this is a little work for the person starting the thread but I am sure it would be most helpful and appreciated.
  • I've just looked on the YouTube supposedly live cam and it shows the night scene
  • Karen W said:
    Thanks Sandra.

This is another cam I am having difficulty accessing. My old link doesn't work now.

Just a suggestion but would it not be a good idea to include a cam link on the opening post of threads. I realise this is a little work for the person starting the thread but I am sure it would be most helpful and appreciated.

The thing about that Karen is the person who did the opening post would have to be around to keep going back to change the link, the Glaslyn link is on about its third of fourth different link since it started streaming.....  

Hopefully once these teething problems that they are having settle down, the link that is current stays current for the rest of the season. Grinning