Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 March 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• After a showery morning the sun is shining and I was so happy to feel warmth when I opened up the conservatory. It is unheated, so not used at all during the winter months. I am looking up at the grape vine under the sittooterie roof, looking for signs of life. I was amused to see that the word' sittooterie ' is now in the Oxford English Dictionary! My one and only camellia is in blossom, as is the pear tree.
    My Danish friends have received the jars of Marmite that I sent them last week and I am going to Elgin tomorrow to catch up with the youngest family. So all is right with the world!
    I'm happy, bJANE that you are recovering from your fall. I can understand that you will be nervous. My Welsh friend is back home after her fall and five weeks in hospital.
    ANNETTE - yay! whales again! Speaking of the freezing of something on your nose - I have a thing on one eyebrow that sounds much the same. It's pretty red just now after treatment but I put concealer on it and hope for the best.....
    OG - sorry for J but a couple of extra days off work sounds OK.
    LINDY,- sounds as if the new apartment was good, which town is it near?
    I've had two lots of visitors today - usually only see folk at the weekends so that was nice. Stepson and wife, also eldest son in law.
    FORESTBOAR hasn't been on here for a while. Hope all is well.
    Regards to DIANE, LYNETTE and everyone. Thinking about WENDY on Lundy.

• HEATHER:: We northern Europeans are prone to strange lumps on face! :-) And thanks for reminding us - yes, where is Forestboar? Enjoy the sun and have fun in Elgin.

• Will catch up once I get home and unpacked tomorrow ....
    Been a hectic few days living out of holdalls and rucksacks but now I am settled in my hotel in Worcester and sorted washing from no washing .. guess which one is the largest...
    Super few days with my girlies...
    Lundy was a mixture of sun and fog but no rain...
    Loved my helicopter ride today as I got to sit with the pilot :-))))
  • Ha ha WENDY - good to have the best seat!
  • Indeed it was.....lots of knobs they said not to touch..
    They should never say that to me haha
    Booked a table for one in Zizzis thinking it wouldn’t be busy at 6.30. So pleased I did it’s a city and the restaurant is heaving.
    Last treat of the 10 days as back to the real world tomorrow .
  • Glad you enjoyed your trip, Wendy. It sounds like a lovely tradition, spending time together.

Heather, nice for you to have company. Forgive me, but I don't want to describe where we go on holiday as these comments can be read by anyone, and I want to keep it private. Thank you so much, by the way, for keeping me informed about the ospreys. Very exciting to hear that Laddie returned to LOTL.

OG, Its our Youngest who already has the two boys, who is expecting to be a father again. (I don't expect everyone to remember all our family :-) ) Our Eldest is the proud Dad of little Amber, who I've been told today is now mastering the riding of her bicycle, after struggling to be "like the big boys and girls." She's a real trier!

Annette, glad you're enjoying your whale watching once again.

• Lindy I don’t mind who knows where I go but when himself and I go off together I don’t post as it makes the house vulnerable ...
    Back at hotel alarm set ..
  • LINDYBIRD: Haha - are you afraid Awful Cousin will decide to book an apartment next door if she finds out where you guys go?