Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 March 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• Annette: Have a good, safe journey back. Definitely stop and take a brief nap or get coffee if you get tired. (I'll take a white mocha coffee frappuccino, please.) Definitely look for UFOs while you travel (remember that email I had sent you about the southwest!). LOL!!!

• Safe travel, ANNETTE, but do take a break if you need one! Is it later this week that you return to Fresno? Take care.
  • Annette and anyone else who wants to look: Here's a beautiful webcam on a California Condor nest in Big Sur, California. There's a young condor on the nest now. I know Annette likes the Condors and maybe some other folks will want to see, too.

• Have enjoyed the young Condor in other years - thanks for the reminder! Been out food shopping in M&S and Asda this afternoon - tired!
  • Hi all and thanks to Annette and Diane for starting us off.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better, Diane.
    Annette - pleased to hear party went off well even though exhausted after. Nice to have a bbq at the end of the day.Safe journey home.

Went over to see a friend from my childhood days ( she lives in Northampton) and we had our annual catchup, so pleasant a morning. Off to our WO meeting tomorrow afternoon when we have a group of men singers coming to entertain us. This has become an annual event. OH is at the hospital on Wed.morning for a checkup on his Aortal aneyurism. Its all go at the start of the week.
  • Evening all: Got home at 4 this afternoon after 9-hour ride. Traffic was good with minimal backup through LA. Couldn't believe how many wildflowers had popped up along the I-10 since last Thursday. A really nice drive both ways, which makes all the difference. Will post some pix in the next day or two.

Lynette: Hope all goes well with OH. (Assume the male performers were not from Chippendales. :-) .)

Diane: I'll check out the Condor webcam tomorrow when it's light. Didn't see UFOs due to wildflower distractions.

OG: Going to Fresno Thursday week, but old friend from LA is arriving Wednesday evening and we're driving up together. It should be another lovely drive with wildflowers blooming and the orchards in the Central Valley in blossom.

Suspect I will topple into bed very early tonight. Take care all

• ANNETTE - good to see you had another easy journey - but a long time behind the wheel - take care! Good that you have a break before the next long journey.

Used scooter yesterday for first time in ages - easier for OH than pushing me around, but very painful for me getting on it. At least it's a comfortable ride and I can flex my legs tp keep muscles moving easier than in wheelchair. We shall limit visits to just one place in future, to reduce getting on and off.

Haircut for me later this morning, then OH is taking my new trousers for shortening this afternoon - one pair to start with to see how they look as I am having to have them measured to length of an old pair because can't get up step into shop. Have invested in two "around the house" pairs - old ones are falling apart - and three for "better" wear!

Must get showered and try to settle the hay-like thatch which passes for hair - it has straightened and softened (probably due to meds) but flies about everywhere!
  • Welcome home, ANNETTE.
    OG - I didn't realise that you hadn't used the scooter recently but now remember that you have been housebound for a while....
    Haircut for me, also this morning, so must get going soon.
    LYNETTE - I'm pleased that you have met up with an old friend -
  • Bumping the thread up - will be glad when Linda is home to talk and post pictures to keep it going!
  • OG: Thanks for bumping us up. I've been catching up with stuff and transferring photos from phone to computer. Will try to post some later today.

Hope you and Heather are appropriately shorn.