Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 March 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• ANNETTE – Love the shaggy-legged palms. And the gorgeous wildflowers. I sympathize with you & tooth. I had a tooth that dentist managed to save for 10 years, finally it was past its use-by-date. The gap (at back) doesn’t bother me, in fact I can now eat raw carrot & nuts without fearing a breakage.

OG – I would have trouble assessing modern poems – they don’t rhyme, lines are different lengths – but I never was much good at poetry or English at school!

HEATHER – I am coming out of my summer “hibernation” as the weather drops to cool nights (in teens) and warm days (low 30s)

Yeay! Linda is back WELCOME HOME LINDA.

Today is Harmony Day, celebrating Aussieland’s cultural diversity. So the children at Miss7’s school dress in their national costume. The (few) Aussies wear orange. Dau is dreading having to find 3 orange outfits next year when Trio are all at school. Our national costume would be, er, jeans & t-shirt.

• Evening all: Got zapped by dermatologist this morning, so will look like I stepped in front of a BB gun for a week. :-(

Lindybird: Welcome home! :-)

OG: Loose clothes? I wonder what that feels like. I imagine poems are trickier to edit because there's likely more "ego" involved on the part of the poet.

Heather: Oh dear, I missed International Happiness Day! (It's Harmony Day in OZ, says AQ). Not a word about either here. When does your radiator arrived - that's impressive customer service!

dibnlib: Sounds like a nice week for meeting up with old friends.

AQ: I already have one gap near the problem tooth so would prefer not to lose this one. Here's a silly question: What is OZ's national costume?

Diane: Hope your weather isn't too bad. Also, we still haven't heard from bjane - do you have any idea where she might be with regard to the floods?

Have a good Thursday everyone.

• Good Morning. There is a veritable cornucopia of spring blossoms out of my bedroom window - my Stellata is opening, my neighbours beautiful pink Magnolia tree is in full bloom, and my daffodils are all out!

Tired after our journey home yesterday, although all went well. My OH has gone off to play golf, and I have the sad task of making some phone calls regarding the death of my dear friend. We managed to keep in touch with what was going on whilst away, by phone and text.

G died peacefully in her sleep after keeping the family by her bedside for several days: they had all just left to get themselves some dinner in the evening, when they were called back by the staff as her daughter said "She thought she'd go whilst it was nice and quiet."

• AQ - sorry if I am being ignorant, but what is orange about Australian nationality?

ANNETTE - is your skin sore from the treatment - I hope not? Your comment about poems (" I imagine poems are trickier to edit because there's likely more "ego" involved on the part of the poet.") totally hit the nail on the head! I do hope Bjane will contact us soon - before the potential flooding she was suffering effects of a fall on the ice, so she might just be resting - I admire her so, the way she copes with life; do hope she is okay.

LINDA - welcome back! Pleased you are enjoying the spring blooms. Sorry you are having to deal with sad contacts while you are tired from travelling. Good to read that G slipped away quietly and to know her suffering is over - that brave lady put up with such a lot!
  • Thanks for the welcomes back. I feel as if I've been gone for a month!

Annette, Sorry you've had to be "zapped". Hope it heals up quickly.

OG -- Yes, we were glad that G did not suffer for long at the end - her relatives have told me how brilliant the Hospice staff were, both with their patient and with the family themselves, at such a difficult time. I'm just putting more laundry on the line this afternoon, then I'm going to visit G's OH.
  • OG: Dermatologist froze off potentially problematic pieces - the usual procedure. The skin just scabs over for about a week. Not sore at all, I told her I hoped I would be back to my normal looking self before travelling to Fresno where I'll see folks I haven't seen in decades!

Lindybird: Let us know how G's OH is doing. Is their family close by?

Off to hose off before the dentist. Such an exciting life....

• LINDA - I am hoping this will be a case of most of the grieving having been done in anticipation of losing her; I am sure he will appreciate your visit and some shared memories. Has his Daughter been able to stay on a while to support him and help with practical arrangements? Thinking of you.
  • Dentist no biggie - he just smoothed out the crown so I wouldn't be hitting part of it so much, but everything looked good. Pouring with rain again - April showers in March again...
  • OG, Annette, Diane - Thanks for thinking of me! I am sorry I haven't been posting. The floods hit Nebraska and the
    western side of Iowa. We were fortunate because the weather warmed into the low 30's which allowed the snow to melt very slowly and even the rain we got didn't affect us too much. We had 48 inches of snow for the season. 2008 (the year of our flood was 55 inches but almost continuous rain when it warmed up which caused major
    flooding. The city has still not fully recovered. I still have piles of snow in my yard. I have recovered from my fall but still look down a lot when I walk. Hope I get over that before I walk into a wall or something. I have major spring yard cleanup to look forward to but welcome spring!!! Sorry to hear of Lindybird's friend G death but glad her suffering is over. I have had a recurrence of migraines which haven't bothered me in years. Thanks again!