WEEKLY CHAT (non osprey) SUNDAY, MARCH 9, 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK ALL.

• BTW - dishwasher got fixed yesterday! Intending to go to M&S today, with quick visit to Devil's Porridge on the way home; but I think lunch for three at Loch Arthur tomorrow is postponed by the weather!
  • Heard from LINDA. Her friend G is in hospice care. LINDA and her OH are enjoying good weather and warmth.
  • ANNETTE - I'm reading a war/espionage novel just now, lots of wires hung up on curtain rails by radio operators! I know what you mean about TV charges, I pay them but shouldn't, really.
    The gas boiler has passed its inspection so here we go for another year. Fingers crossed!
    It is windy and rainy here today. I ventured out to buy Marmite this morning. The Danes have run out and sent me an SOS. l will post it tomorrow.
    Regards to all
  • Haven't been on the site for ages. Do hope you are all well. It is blowing a gale here and rain too. Most unpleasant. We were meant to be meeting friends at Pitlochry today but cancelled when we saw the forecast. We are now planning for next week. Tomorrow we are meeting up with an old school friend of mine. We will have breakfast at Brodie which is a great 1/2 way point as she lives in Fochabers. We both grew up in the central belt and found ourselves living here when we were in our late twenties. She has stayed here since, while we moved around and eventually settled in Culloden.
  • Morning all:   Am watching to see how Mrs. May's latest efforts play out in this evening's vote.   And then what, we ask? 

Hey dibnlib: Good to see you. Enjoy breakfast with your friend and hope there's good weather for lunch next week in Pitlochry.

OG: Checked out Devil's Porridge museum online - looks interesting. I love finding out about the all-too-often unrecognized roles local communities and people played in world events.

Heather: I've just finished reading The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher, who recently died. I hadn't read any of her books, but enjoyed that and may go digging for others. Also enjoying a Dublin writer - Tana French - who writes mysteries with lots of family/character development. Am taking a break with novels while three non-fictions are on my library request list. :-)

Sunny with clouds today and fewer clouds in the future. They are threatening us with normal temperatures this weekend! :-)

• Annette: I'm watching the vote on Sky News online. (I watched the debate, too.) Predictions are that May will lose the vote by 100.
  • Diane: So about 150 against it. Off to get haircut; will read details later.....
  • Hi all. WendyB - glad boiler is ok for another year. Lovely to hear that Linda and OH are enjoying warmer climes.

OG - great that dishwasher has been fixed for you,

Annette and all - turned it off, almost could tell what the outcome would be and it was - a defeat. Heaven only knows what happens now.

Dibnlib - hope you manage your meet up with old school friend tomorrow.

Weather here has been mostly wet and some wind. They say the wind is going to get up later tonight or tomorrow with more rain to come, happy days.
  • Very loud and stormy night with gales and hailstones. No damage here. Floods in Dumfries - wind and rain coincided with a spring tide and snow melt from the hills.

Not going out today - could encounter trees down on forest road. Plenty of small jobs to do at home.