WEEKLY CHAT (non osprey) SUNDAY, MARCH 9, 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK ALL.

• We spent a most enjoyable 2 1/2 hours catching up with school friend. Mustn't leave it so long till we see her again. Th weather for Monday and Tuesday is forecast to be ok so hopefully we will be able to meet up with other school friend and her husband. I do hope so.
  • Well what an eventful very long day...
    Left home at 4.05 am in pouring rain and a bit of wind..
    First stop at Tebay ( 300 miles) and all on track . Then sat nav flashed up problems on the M6 which turned out to be 2 seperate accidents the first one resulting in a 6 mile queue.
    Stopped at Gloucester services with a dead leg after sitting in car for 5 hours.
    Arrived in Bath as all the mummies were driving to collect their darlings.
    Never been so relieved to see my eldest .... and relax.
    Hope all is well with everyone and will read back later.
  • Wendy - glad you've made it down to Bath, hope visit goes well, what a marathon drive.

Annette - enjoy your visit to Arizona and relatives, hope all goes well.

OG - you are managing as best you can and getting OH to manage the chores etc. It must be frustrating at times.

dibnlib - so pleased you had a lovely catchup with old school friend

Great news that Maya is back at Manton Bay, Just read it on email from LofL newsletter.

Weather has been blustry and wet with more to come - its those March winds!
  • Evening all: A lovely drive today. Traffic was good for the most part, skies were sunny, the hills behind LA were oh-so-green and the mountain peaks covered with snow. I stopped at the Coachella Preserve just north-east of Palm Springs and will try to post photos soon.

Wendyb: Your trip sounds like the last one I took this way - 5 accidents on a 50-mile stretch of freeway, all nicely spaced out so that you never got over 25mph. Actually, yours sounds worse.... :-(

Following is a photo from the Rest Stop near Palm Springs; that's Mt. San Jacinto with the icing on top.

Huh. Well that one loaded, but the next one didn't so I need to figure out what's going on - and they're only 72dpi.  

• Horrific terror attack in Christchurch New Zealand. Latest report - 48 killed.
  • Terrible news from NZ - usually such a peaceful place!

Definitely setting out for Morrison's late morning - will have lunch there. Doesn't look a bad day, but will batten down the hatches for tomorrow!

Looking forward to more photos, ANNETTE, Hope pics of wild flowers will post. Assuming your journey will continue today - hope you are having a comfortable night.
  • Agree, awful news from Christchurch.
    I've read and enjoyed all your news -
    Nothing exciting happening here, in fact more medical stuff!! This time from the Canadian branch of the family. So I'm not going to go into details, I've posted so much lately regarding this kind of stuff, it must be depressing you all.....

Like everyone else, Brexit is confusing and annoying me, and that is all I'll say about that!

Regards to all

• Morning all: Well, there goes my illusion that our friends Down Under have been spared the kind of nightmare in which we seem to specialize here in the U.S.

Heather: Well I tend to get medical news from one quarter or another a bit mixed up so don't worry about depressing me. Donald Trump and his gang of cronies are taking care of things on that front. :-)     I'm not sure I'd trade Trump for Brexit though at this point.  As my sister says: At least you'll eventually get rid of him.

OG: I'm in a different part of this motel and the internet is slower than usual. Will try to find some helpful hints about uploading pix when I get a chance.

Must shower and head out. There's a really lovely hardware/home-stuff store in downtown Prescott and I'm trying to figure out how I can find an hour to pop in and browse en route to the house....

• I love browsing hardware stores - especially the old-fashioned rather overcrowded ones which sell everything "including the kitchen sink" - but not easy in a wide wheelchair!
  • Hi, all. I'm not feeling well, so forgive me if I don't do any replies. I just popped in to say that I hope bjane is okay. A winter storm from the west underwent a record-setting bombogenesis and became a "bomb cyclone" on land with100 mph winds. It's been causing blizzards, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, etc. in the eastern part of the country. Iowa is in a "state of emergency" and is experiencing historic flooding, and the waters are even threatening a nuclear power plant that must be shut down. I think the devastation has hit the western part of Iowa hardest, but I'm not sure, so I'm hoping that bjane is okay. I just wanted her to know that I was thinking about her.

Take care and be safe, bjane!

OG: I see that you are due to get a big storm. I hope you don't have any damage and all goes well. Thinking of you!