• This would be wonderful, except it's on the wrong leg!  From iMagicat

Yellow 80 L No 2006 2017 Tweed Valley

M Unknown Unknown WWT Caerlaverock 2012-15 Male at Caerlaverock

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    Could it be possible? It would be amazing if it were!! A Rutland male in Scotland. And a 22 year old as well. Should someone get in touch with RD? Curiouser and curuiouser!

Ooops! I inadvertently missed this part off the info...

Even more curiouser, Sheila!

• Sandra said

I suppose the ring is 08 and not 80?

Actually I think it is 80 and not 08.

If we look at the bottom circle of the "8" we can see it is a little bigger indicating (to me anyway) that it is 80.

My views but it certainly does not look to be a 22 year old bird!

• Just had a look at a couple of Facebook groups and there seems to a bit of confusion.
  • Sandra. Try googling Rutland water osprey zen. Look for zen88810.zen.co.uk I can't do a link as my iPad won't let me. The zen website is the original site and has all the details of 08's history.
    Think you will find that he was ringed in Scotland before being translocated to Rutland hence the L leg. Things changed later in the project.
  • The WWT website says;
    'We had reports on 29th March 2019 that our male osprey, Yellow 80, had been seen in Lancashire. Then, early on Tuesday 2nd April, he arrived at the nest. When the camera came on at 10am, there were new sticks on the nest and within a few minutes he landed. Half an hour later an unringed female osprey also landed on the nest. The male immediately started mantling in submission, and then they mated. The male has been bringing in fish for the female so hopefully in a couple of weeks she should lay eggs…'

Interesting, as it looks as if Yellow 80 was once the breeding male. Again, from the WWT website;

2013 Yellow 80 Unringed F, F Blue CN0, CN1
    2014 Yellow 80 Unringed F, F Blue FK2, FK3
    2015 Yellow 80 Unringed - -
    2016 Unringed White TR F, M Blue PW0, Blue PW9
    2017 Unringed White TR M, M, F Blue PY5, PY6, PY7
    2018 Unringed White TR M, F Blue LL2, LL3
    2019 Yellow 80 Unringed
  • Hi Korky, I've just found this info too.
  • SheilaFE said

This would be wonderful, except it's on the wrong leg!  From iMagicat

Yellow 80 L No 2006 2017 Tweed Valley

Sheila, the osprey in the capture - the darvic is on its left leg!!   Have I missed something LOL

But Yellow 80 / 08  rings a bell with me ...  I am trying to remember!

• Interesting that a bird is absent from his established nest for 4 years then comes back. Hope for Odin.....(weeps...)