FLS ABERFOYLE 2019

I thought I'd start a new thread for Aberfoyle. Especially for Sandra (other dedicated Aberfoyle watchers are also available).

Here's the link to last year's thread.

Clarach and her beau both arrived on 15 April last year. Here's the countdown clock (from Pete Dee's site)

Clarach arrived back at her nest on 10 April 2019

• Such a sad situation Hope Mr Mac Clarach is OK and he and Clarach have success next year and hopefully at Aberfoyle so that we humans can join them in that success
  • I've just found this which was posted by FLS a couple of days ago (on the comments section underneath the LS 'screen'). Nothing really more than we already knew but thought I'd add it here anyway

• Thank you Sandra. Such a shame, but let's hope she is well and settled on a new nest and mate.
  • I've kept an eye on the FLS Facebook page but no more updates on the position with Clarach. Either she's disappeared altogether or they've just not had time to post any updates.
  • Thanks, Korky. Fingers crossed that Clarach is seen somewhere soon.
  • A reply from The Lodge VC today to a fb comment re Clarach

The Lodge Forest Visitor Centre - "unfortunately we haven't seen Clarach back at the nest for a few weeks now. We have seen Ospreys flying locally but hard to tell if it has been her from afar. We hope she's doing ok but she has definitely abandoned the nest sadly"

• Frustration Eyrie under construction somewhere perhaps?
  • I so hope Clarach hasn't abandoned the nest permantly but will be back there next year and have better luck at raising a family again
  • I read with interest in the final blog from Dyfi that Clarach's nest was predated again this year. I don't recall reading that anywhere on The Lodge site although I've not kept a regular eye on it. I guess they'd be in touch with DOP about Clarach as she hatched there. I was told by a FLS staff member that the male disappeared. Maybe they meant her first mate (although I'd like to know the fate of the second male). I hope FLS can get the camera fixed properly for next year as it's the only way we the regular watchers can really keep an eye on things. FLS don't seem to monitor the nest as avidly as DOP, Garten, Arkaig etc.
  • That was the first I'd heard that the eggs were predated too, Korky, I'd only read information that Clarach had abandoned the nest.
    I agree about the cam and really hope we can once again have the LS sorted and in place for her, and a male's, arrival next season, have really missed watching the nest this year. With no other updates of her being sighted since the end of May, I hope Clarach has kept well and wish her a safe migration (I'd imagine she would have already left Aberfoyle by now).