FLS ABERFOYLE 2019

I thought I'd start a new thread for Aberfoyle. Especially for Sandra (other dedicated Aberfoyle watchers are also available).

Here's the link to last year's thread.

Clarach and her beau both arrived on 15 April last year. Here's the countdown clock (from Pete Dee's site)

Clarach arrived back at her nest on 10 April 2019

• Many thanks Korky Slight smile

Looking forward to their return!

• Thanks Korky Hope they are enjoying their winter break but its getting harder and harder waiting for them to know that they are OK

• Best new thread I've ever seen, Korky  :o

• Wow thanks scylla. And the new rules seem to have kicked in as your comment is now at the bottom of the thread and we've reverted to the old rules for quoting people. So now we have to unlearn what took quite a long time to learn......and as you can see, I've not quite mastered it all yet....

scylla said:

Best new thread I've ever seen, Korky  :o

• Unknown said:

Wow thanks scylla. And the new rules seem to have kicked in as your comment is now at the bottom of the thread and we've reverted to the old rules for quoting people. So now we have to unlearn what took quite a long time to learn......and as you can see, I've not quite mastered it all yet....

scylla said:

Best new thread I've ever seen, Korky  :o

Hope this is a better attempt at using the new/old quote functionality. Ian

EDIT - seems to workSlight smile

• Some interesting news.

Posted on Twitter.

Tracked osprey captured and non working tracker removed.

Note ring number, LH0. Clarach's boy!!!

Dated 22nd Feb.

https://twitter.com/Revuyon

• Thanks, Colin, That is wonderful news! I expect the folk at the Dyfi Osprey Project are celebrating the news of Monty's and Glesni's grandson!
  • Thanks Colin! That is indeed fantastic news!
    Here's a bit of info about Clarach's first nesting season at Aberfoyle. 
    Clarach arrived 19 April 2017, and mated with unknown male, laying 3 eggs 4th, 7th and 10th May. The third chick hatched/died 15th June, the other two on 12th and 13th June. Male LHO took his first flight 4th August, Male LH1 9th August. Clarach departed 1st September, LHO 3rd, LH1 12th September.

Clarach came back last year but sadly lost her eggs to ravens

• And an update from Dyfi FB on LH0 too, here

For those not on FB:

Page Liked · 2 hrs · 
    Buenos días

Great News: Researchers in Spain have managed to catch Clarach's son, Blue LH0, and taken his faulty transmitter off.

Monty and Glesni's grandson will be two years old this year and will be making his way back to the UK for the first time in a few weeks.

Now what odds that he pops in to see Grandad on his way up?
    Apparently the team in Andalucia regularly capture unringed osprey during the autumn, and put Spanish rings on them (yellow?).
  • Can I just confirm to everyone that the tracker was in actual fact working , David Anderson who put the tracker on and ringed Blue LH0 has confirmed this and the last data he got was 20 Feb , it is now a mystery as to why the people in Spain decided to catch and remove . It is such a shame so much data has been lost and now we will not be able to follow LH0 if he heads north this year . I am sure David Anderson is extremely upset that this has happened just on the point of migration and for him it is certainly not 'great news' at all . .