Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

• OG again!  Our house is usually well warmed and has really excellent insulation.  I don't have summer and winter clothes - wear the same 3/4 sleeve polo shirts right through the year, but somehow, this week, I have been feeling cold and even chilled inside, so have given in to wear a thick cardigan/jacket!  I do know the thermometer says the house is at our normal temperature, but it just doesn't help!  The bulbs in the garden say spring is just around the corner - so I'm trying to believe them!

• OG - your house is obviously warmer than mine but in this colder weather I can understand the jacket! I've remembered that DIANE said that her house is freezing, so shouldn't complain about mine. 

Just a housework day here, nothing interesting! 

• Morning all: All fine here. Just got on photo a scanning binge last night. Also picked up videos from library (Season four of Line of Duty and first and second seasons of Peaky Blinders) and got involved in the latter   Line of Duty is excellent, but we don't subscribe to all the available channels so don't get it on first runs here.   We had a lot of rain yesterday, which started off at 5:15 with lightning and thunder, but was all gone by lunchtime.  However, a bigger storm due tonight and they may call for evacuations  below the mud flow area in Montecito; those poor people must be so sick of having to leave their homes when anything other than light rain threatens the hills behind.

OG;  My - so exciting to see three posts from you!  Wonderful that the ramp is subsidized and in the works.  

Lindybird: Doing the ironing to stay warm sounds a bit drastic.  Hope you were able to navigate the lanes and see G; she probably wouldn't want to venture out in that weather.

Heather:  How is your SiL? 

Off to get stuff done before the storm.  Stay warm all.  Except of course, for AQ.  And hope that warmer temps will offer a (brief?) respite for Diane and bjane and that our eastward-headed storms won't bring more freezing temps or snow.

• ANNETTE- agree about the folk having the threat of evacuation again. Poor folk. Enjoy your videos! I haven't watched Peaky Blinders but now you've mentioned it, will investigate. Son in law is doing well, off work for one more week. Sis in law had colonoscopy, one polyp sent to the lab but otherwise has to watch her diet. 

LINDY - good luck for tooth extraction! 

All being well with weather, garden renovation starts  on Monday.

• Heather no chance of any garden work here as it’s frozen solid although bulbs are coming through..

Loads of snow and I did a solo walk as both dogs totally refused to go out in it....

• LOL Wendy! -- dogs know what they like and don't like!!   

We have a well insulated house, too, but the older I get the more clothes I wear in winter. Only joking really, about doing the ironing to keep warm.

Went to Gs, and managed to grab a good parking space before all the Mums arrived to collect the little ones from a school nearby. The village is very short of space as the houses were built in the days of horses and carts, with no room for cars, driveways or garages. Not much room in the streets for parking and so arguments can ensue, simply sometimes quite heated! G went out on Wednesday for a day at the Hospice, she goes there for complementary therapies such as massage and reflexology. She had enjoyed herself and felt more relaxed afterwards.

Glad your son in law is recovering alright, Heather.

Our garden has snowdrops already, I picked some last week to take to G for a little bit of Spring. Lots of daffs coming up, and big fat buds on the magnolias and camellias.

• OG -- I see a post from you has appeared since I posted before: we must have been posting together.  Good that you got assistance for building the ramp.

• Polar vortex has been on our news last 2 nights. World weather is crazy - record high temps here. This morn it is quite pleasant but it will rise to high 30s later. My washing will be dry before I am ready for it! I should go now while it is “cool” to the weeding I rashly promised.

• Evening all:  Not much going on today.  Certainly no ironing or weeding.  Not much scanning either; spent an hour on the phone to very old friend with whom I'd lost touch. 

AQ: When should the temps really start to drop?

Diane:  Hope you've thawed out.

Have a good Saturday all.

• Good Morning. Lovely bright sunshine here, but frosty on the ground and very cold outside. Off to do my weekend shop, then housework so that I can have Sunday off!!