Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Bison deciding which road to take in Yellowstone National Park

National Park Service/Jim Peaco, photo labeled "Public domain" (copyright free)

• Well this is strange. I have 'lost' the status box at the top of the page and keep getting an orange message telling me that my action cannot be completed, so did not attempt to post, yesterday. Site is loading extremely slowly.

• The green dot only appears when I click Reply.

• HEATHER - Site has been horribly slow today. If you wait long enough the orange message disappears and page "sort of" loads. Sometimes without the header! The Keep-Em-Guessing gremlins at work maybe?

• I had to log in - again. Then it told me to use CTRL + V to paste. Just what I had done!!!!!!!

• And another thing. Why has it posted two different font sizes? I give up. Stupid site.

• Yup, pretty stupid, AQ.  I often get an orange box but I usually ignore it and plough on. You never know if your post is going to appear, or where, which is off putting if you write a long one.

Will send you some frost, it was minus 2 here last night and is chilly now.

• Went out to nearby town just before lunch, and it was trying to snow! Had to put a scarf on my head as I walked, as no hat with me. Off to visit Friend G shortly.

I see there are now reports that Australia is having a record breaking heatwave!

• I heard the BBC report last night about the extreme record-breaking heatwave in Australia. Take care, AQ and OH. Don't try to accomplish much in that heat. Just hibernate and take it easy. I hope you get some relief.

• Yes, DIANE, I heard on radio that there are many fires in Australia. Also, DIANE, you have snow, quite a lot, I think. 

I have had an offer for free upgrade to super fast broadband. I don't think it will be free. Yes, the new hub is free but I suspect that after an interim low extra payment it will go up. This is British Telecom. I've looked online but brain is in stupid mode today. Does anyone know?

Still below freezing here. The plumber has been and will order new part for cistern. The landscape guy should be here soon to look at the front garden. I feel sad but have to realise that OH would be 88 years old if still here and we would be looking at making things low maintenance. 

• Morning all:  Site loaded normally just now and no orange boxes; also no changes in font size.  I have to log in every week (Tuesday?), but it was always like that.  

Heather: Haha - free upgrade they say? I still have my new free modem in the box - I don't  need the super-fast speed for gaming (hate that word!), etc., they're promising.  I too suspect an increase in charges.  In fact, I'm off to do battle with Cox Cable this morning..... wish me luck.

AQ: Oz is huge, but it would seem to me you're in the most temperate zone, right?

Diane:  I just checked the weather and looks like you'll get our storm Saturday with super-low temps Sunday and Monday.  I have visions of you bundled up in your little house.......any signs of critters out the window?

We have sunshine here this morning and toe is nearly back to normal so am off to gym to wave appendages around.