Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Bison deciding which road to take in Yellowstone National Park

National Park Service/Jim Peaco, photo labeled "Public domain" (copyright free)

• Annette, Diane-I watch Live streaming BBC, same with CNN, and others. If I have to pay, I don't watch. There are quite a few free live streaming news programs. I suppose, as with everything, they will eventually charge us for any streaming programs, but hopefully it will be after the Orange faced guy is gone and life will get a little boring and I can wean myself away from the news programs.

• bjane:  Oh for those days of boring news when we heard only about obscure doings with no potential for drama.  Bravo for hanging in with the news. I tend to take it in print form now (online NYT and WP, plus NPR on the radio). It's - less hysterical than most TV coverage (other than PBS).  Oh well.

I see Prince Phillip was driving (age 97!) and got in an accident today.....

This site has been loading ever-so-slowly these last days....

• Annette very slug like so hope this posts.

I am taking the Ostritch approach to politics as not only have I had to endure the Brexit referendum I also have to cope with the SNP banging on about another . I thought their first was just a once in a generation thing.

Bjane Daisy was a sort of rescue as she was youngest dog who came to stay for 2 months nearly 7 years ago.

Dukes sores have healed but his love shines through the scars that will always be there.

• Hello all,   thanks for all your news.

AQ - heat got to me in the Caribbean and that wasn't as high as yours is, hope it cools down a little for you soon.

OG - Do hope all goes well with J and op can go ahead as planned.  Do you you and yours are keeping reasonably well.

Dianne - Hope the weather predicted for your area won't be as dire as you seem to think. Stay warm and safe.

Weather down here today has been cold and sunny - we had a sprinkling of snow overnight and then a frost - looked quite wintry this morning. Have to wait and see what the weekend brings.

We have our Burns night supper on Saturday - I know, 6 days early, but a weekend is best for us as a Church and we have it in what used to be the Working Mens Club in Moulton where I attend our local Baptist chapel. Its always a good night of traditional food and dancing and helps me celebrate my Scottish heritage.

• Had to sign in again even though I was only on 3 days ago, what a bind, but at least it posted what I'd just written and didn't loose it for me.

• Enjoy your Burns Night, Lynette.   Wendy, lovely pics. We've had several rescue dogs. (But Bonnie isn't one of them)

No worries, Annette, I don't know what day it is half of the time. Big talk over the political situation here, it's very wearing when it's on all day. But I expect you know that! 

• Annette: Thank you for the radio links. I appreciate them!

• Lynette: Enjoy Burns Night - do you  have traditional Scottish whiskey too?  :-)

Wendyb: Bravo for providing Duke a safe home (Daisy too).   Didn't realize the SNP was providing an opportunity for even more stress.  Condolences.

Diane: If I start listening to those old-radio programs, I won't get anything done at all.

Had to take a written driving test today to renew my drivers licence.  Since the last time I renewed, they've introduced a computer procedure where  the hapless applicant (in this case me) does all the keyboarding work, presumably to take the load off the equally hapless employees, of whom there are very few.   I've had a driving licence since 1964 so can't imagine why I had to fill every detail about myself before I even got to take the computerized test. Surely they know who I am by this point.  I think Amazon should take over everything.....or Google....they probably have all the same info and are much more effiicient.