Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 January 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Bison deciding which road to take in Yellowstone National Park

National Park Service/Jim Peaco, photo labeled "Public domain" (copyright free)

• Hello all, and thank you Diane for starting us off with a lovely wintry picture.

As to Him and that wall, to me it is morally wrong  and as for causing Congress to close down does the man not have a heart considering a lot of the people work paycheck to paycheck (that's according to our papers)

Wendyb - love that of the two dogs cosily by the fire oblivious to the world around them. Mircro and kettle behaving themselves so far!! You will have to give your Dutch friends a new kettle next time you visit them.

Annette - good luck to your cataloguing your photos, wish I'd taken more notice of our old ones when I use to visit my home town, lots of old ones of relatives gone by but unfortunately we got rid of them and they would have been so useful whilst doing the family tree with Ancestry UK. Never mind I have ones that were taken since we were married and had our children.

AQ - good luck with the nanny duty particularly in those high temps.

Well, off to the dentist for annual checkup tomorrow and doctors on Wed for a health review over one of my med.conditions. Its all go this week.

Take care all.

• This is Duke this time last year...it’s been a long journey to heal his body and soul. After 6 years being on the end of a chain in a small hut he is now a lovely beautiful boy xx

• Thank you, Heather: we had a pleasant time this morning, and came away with some rolls of Chr. wrapping paper, plus labels, all half price. After an afternoon of catching up on the newspapers and tv, we set to, to install a new connection box and router for our internet cable. Two & three quarter hours later, we had worked our way through the instructions and still had no connection - we did stop for 20 minutes to eat something, but although we did everything to the letter we were getting nowhere. We gave in and rang to request an engineer to come. This will take until Thursday!!!!

Having a fortifying glass of sherry now, and watching tv in the bedroom :-(

• Wendy, love your photos of the lovely dogs and cosy kitchen.

I didn't comment because I was trying to post my post, below -- it took fifteen minutes and seven or eight goes! So may be like FB, eight copies of my post are yet to appear!

• Well at least I can post stuff but as Morcombe and Wise said not always in the right order RoflRofl 

• Good grief Wendy, poor Duke.  What happened?  I've forgotten...

Lindybird:   How frustrating - and how typical!   We have a new modem that our cable company gave us (free) and said will give us even more speed (for streaming/gaming!!) but we don't do either and it's still sitting in the box coz I know it won't be simple to set it up; besides, everything is working right now.  Congrats on  your Christmas 2019 buys. Just remember where you put them.

Lynette:  A heart? Trump?  A conscience or a sense of decency would be nice - but that's hoping for too much.  Re photos, I already e-mailed one to my sister in the UK so she could I.D. an unknown person and the occasion - a cousin's wedding. Then she went on to tell me there was a big family upset at that time because someone else in the family had decided to get married the same day, knowing the cousin had already set the date!  Lots of hard feelings apparently, but I was too young to notice, which is why it's handy to have older sisters....

Take care all

• Don't blame you for not setting up your new modem, Annette. We were threatened with being cut off from their services if we didn't comply! And at least, it's all free. But our corner unit with the big tv on it is a maze of cables, as we also have a DVD player, an old video player/recorder, and the connection gubbins for the broadband which has a cable going under the floorboards to the study. 

I should have said, that at least, the new router has installed or I wouldn't be talking to you now - I've not fired up the desktop in the study to see if it's working there, yet.

Dry here and just getting light. Must get out of bed and get going!

• Good morning everyone

Well, when I was looking in just now I spotted the words 'Lindybird is typing a reply'. Hadn't seen that sort of thing before! 

WENDY- I think you were saying that posting your pic was easier than you expected?  Maybe this site isn't so horrible after all, we just have to work at it. I think it will be cold where you are, this morning. Here, just below freezing.

Good that you got connected, LINDY. I've had problems with  printer which is old and was wireless. Now, eldest son in law has connected it with a cable (?) and no more problems.

Speaking of problems, my upstairs loo has decided to stop flushing, the handle seems loose :-(  It is a concealed cistern so I can't investigate. Sadly no plumber in the family so will have to phone a professional. More money to be spent ....

• Minus something Heather as green bin and back garage door both frozen shut.....OH did comment on the Blackbird singing it’s head off.

Annette poor Duke was loved for a couple of years and then chained up by his owner. He was fed but not regularly so he never shows hunger unlike Daisy. After 6 years a charity tried to get him passed over to them. Owner refused but said charity took him anyway all videoed in case of problems. Not seen said video but OH has :-( Strange thing is all his paperwork and injections were up to date. We have had him nearly a year and his coat is amazing but some scars will always be there.