LOCH GARTEN OSPREY GABFEST for Jan, Feb and March, 2019

• Thankyou Catlady and Gardenbirder. We lost one through heart disease too that was just I've a year ago. Farley we lost through kidney failure and we've decided now no more pets! We find it too heart breaking! 

• Yes you have all the happy memories that's for sure! That's not to say if one came round our house and it didn't belong to anyone I would offer him or her a home. That's how our other one Toby came to us. We took him to the vets and the found a micro chip. We took him back to his delighted owners but about 2 days later he was back! He did this about 3 times! In the end they signed him over to us! He'd apparently been missing for 6 months!

Farley was a retired stud that was sold on as a pet then no longer wanted. He was advertised in a shop so my partner and I decided to home him! He was a gentle giant so very sweet natured. He was a Siberian Forest Cat .

Your little tabby sounds gorgeous may you have him for ages yet! They give you a lot of happiness!

• Lovely that you adopted Toby, our wee tabby is a girl. At the moment she is lying at my feet on a fleece blanket, that I have over myself, I had a physical massage at the oesteopath today, for a niggling shoulder, neck and arm, ouch, ouch but now the sore pain has gone and just feeling a bit battered! Think she is looking after me.

• Lovely to have her look after you! Hope you recover soon from your message! Cats are such a huge comfort aren't they! Mine always liked sleeping on fresh laundry! 

I am retiring in September so will have time to do more of what I like!  I will sponsor a cat at the local cattery in our boys memory but not yet. There used to be a Bengal male cat there and he was returned several times because of bad behaviour. He just got to me because he was returned and cattery life did not suit him! He has now found his forever home and shares it with dogs and is a perfect gent now! 

Take care with your shoulder neck and arm! Sounds like you have a lovely cat and she clearly loves you!

• Lucky you with your robin! I've recently seen 2 in our garden and happily sharing the suet pellets together! I wonder if they are a pair?

As soon as the pellets go out a song thrush come down immediately and stuffs as much as possible! Seems to wait for me! He's started to sing also on dark damp mornings such a joy!!

• Thanks Willow, very kind words. CL

• Need an early osprey fix? Watch live osprey cam t Savannah, Georgia, USA.

cams.allaboutbirds.org/.../   

• I tested the link for the Savannah ospreys and it works for me. From this cam there is a link to a second cam with a different view of the same nest. Also you might watch some golf in the background.
  • Evening, All.
    Thanks, June, for the link.
  • The sad thing about pets is that their lives are so much shorter than ours that we are sure to lose them through death even if they live to be a nice old age.