Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 December 2018

Happy New Week and Happy Full Moon! I hope everyone who celebrates enjoys peaceful, joyful holidays!

• Diane:  Thanks -  I missed the local TV coverage regarding the mountain lion (https://ksby.com/news/local-news/2018/12/28/mountain-lion-found-near-home-in-santa-barbara-relocated), but that's a solidly residential area and according to the link I included, which includes a photo of the tranquilized cat, they've had recent reports of sightings in the same area.   Re the story in your link, I remember when P39 was killed on the 118.  He was a local celebrity!     I notice that ULA rocket launch has been postponed yet again, with the next launch date set for January 6.   I also saw that NASA has a planned fly-by of Ultima Thule scheduled for New Year's Day  Silly me was hoping to watch it live, but it apparently will take 6 hours for any info to reach us here on Earth.

OH and I toppled into bed early last night and I see a replay of that tonight.  And to think!  No travel plans on the horizon.  :-))

• Thanks, Annette. I hope the little mountain lion will thrive and eventually find a mate. I was familiar with P39 because I follow the Mountain Lion Foundation posts -- a beautiful animal! Thanks for the info about the Ultima Thule fly-by. I haven't looked into that much, but I will now. That one kind of snuck up on me. Glad you arrived home safely. I can't even fathom driving in your traffic. My area is enough stress for me. 

I'll start the new thread in a little while.