Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

Black and grey female wolf of the Druid Pack

Yellowstone National Park, USA

Jim Peaco/NPS, photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• Heather -- Of course, we are all thinking of you and your sad memories of this time of year. Today, I'm also sorry to read that you've had a sudden death in the family {{HUGS}} to you.. ......

• Heather - love and prayers both for the difficult time of year for you and also for this latest death.  I'm so sorry.

• It's got little warmer here, thank goodness. Our Christmas tree is up!  But it only has lights on it, as the decorations for it are still under the stairs. We just ate a few spicy biscuits which I bought in a tin last January, they were dated to August but still tasted fine. 

• Heather: That's awful news.  Christmas is hard for many people for different reasons - and we are all supposed to be happy.  :-(

Lindybird: Assume you and OH are warmer now.  I have some "best by..." items around the house too.  Cookies probably wouldn't be among them...

• We're warmer on two counts, Annette - the outside temp has risen a little, and also the house finally got warmed through. Also, I'm wearing one of my extra cosy thermal vests now, LOL!!  The heating boiler went off on the morning we left here, because the outside Christmas lights had fused the electricity. We reset some of our clocks, but forgot that the boiler should be checked out, too. :-(

Hoping to find time to post tomorrow, it's looking like a really busy week ahead. Been watching some of the yummy cookery programmes they put on at this time of year, it all looks wonderful but actually I find I have less time to spend coming new recipes than any other time of year.

• Should have said that my OH discovered tired weak wiring inside one of his extension leads used for the lighting. All fixed now, I hope!

• Lindybird:  Hmmm.  Electrical mishaps while you're away?  A good thing nothing worse happened than a fuse.  (In my former neighborhood, a neighbor was across the road celebrating the season with other neighbors when their fridge went kaput and set the house on fire.)  The Arizona family had their own utility crisis today when their propane tank (which heats house/water) sprang a leak and filled the house with stinky fumes.  Enter the Fire Department who confirmed a leak followed by the propane company, who sorted it out.  Meanwhile, they now have an empty tank: No central heat and no hot water but they do have electricity and heaters until the propane truck arrives.  

I'm off to Fresno for a quick two-day visit tomorrow to see family I've known for decades (family of my Seattle friend, who'll be there for the family's saint's day - they have Eastern Orthodox roots). Then back Thursday and off to Arizona again on Sunday for a few days, so lots of miles in the next 10 days.  Then, I fervently hope, an extended period of No Travel.

• I am with you on the upgrade?????? Not happy with it and so rarely posting and reading only occasionally.

• Join the club, dibnlib.  Hardly anyone posting at the moment.  Is it the new site, or the time of year?  As far as I'm concerned, it's the former ...

• It's both for me - astoundingly busy, trying to get the house looking festive and dusting things at the same time!  Horrible day here, with rain which is sometimes heavy. Very windy this morning but it's calming now. Pat, you must be getting increasingly excited!! Annette, I agree about not leaving a house empty when you've got electrical faults! I tried to point this out to my OH before we left home, but he didn't think we should turn the festive lights off as it might advertise the fact that we were away. :-O