Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

Black and grey female wolf of the Druid Pack

Yellowstone National Park, USA

Jim Peaco/NPS, photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• Diane: I will try that when Xmas is behind us;thanks for the tip!

Harelady: Dare I ask if your sister and BiL's possible return to the UK is Brexit-related?

OH and I are leaving early tomorrow (Sunday) to drive to Prescott Valley; we want to get through LA before the entire world gets on the freeway.  We'll be back either late Wednesday or Thursday, depending....   I'm taking my laptop so hope to at least pop in.   Heard a report yesterday that Xmas Day is a great day for heart attacks. Speculation was that it's all that "family" time, so don't forget to take long deep breaths and avoid discussions of Brexit.  :-)

• Thanks for the advice, Annette. We already had to hold our tongues when visiting our Eldest, as we don't all agree on the Brexit thing. Not surprised about the heart attack statistics: it's a very stressful time especially for family situations where it's a bit dicey already. I never understand why everyone feels they all have to spend the season almost underfoot with lots of relatives when it can be difficult to agree on what constitutes a good festive couple of days, when there are only two of you!

Have a good and safe journey. I will start the thread up again if Diane is too busy tomorrow, so please don t worry about it.

My tree is finally decorated, having been up since last Monday.....  now I just have to do the rest of the house, which looks like a tornado. Hope to come on here with a ditty in the morning.  

• My house looks like a tornado has been through as well, Lindy - and I haven't got a single decoration up!  Not that I ever do ...  My chaos has more to do with impending holiday preparations.  Thought about starting to pack this morning (only two weeks to go!) and then remembered I hadn't wrapped my Christmas presents - so that had to take ;priority.  The dreaded start of packing has now been deferred until Monday.  I did take a few pairs of shoes out of the wardrobe, but they are now in a heap on the bedroom floor rather than in a suitcase.  Too many decisions - and I am renowned for not being good at decisions!!

• HARELADY   you must be getting so excited. The chaos will be well worth it I am sure.

• Annette - re my Sisters possible return to UK,  it is more to do with age and health - my B-i L is 77 and has a few issues. The healthcare in France is superb and they have both need hospital stays in the last few years.

For example my BIL had open heart surgery for blocked arteries and was in hospital for 3 weeks followed by 3 weeks at a nursing home. My Brother in Yorkshire has just had the same operation and was out of hospital 3 days later - they said he could go when he could climb a flight of stairs! Now I am sure he had very good treatment, but he had to wait for months before the op whereas my BIL was operated on as soon as the problem was detected.

• Lindy: I'll be back later to start the new thread, no worries. I'm just watching TV. Lovely sunshine here today, for a change. Woo Hoo!