Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

Black and grey female wolf of the Druid Pack

Yellowstone National Park, USA

Jim Peaco/NPS, photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• Hey Diane:  Thank you for the lovely solstice card and wishes - and the same to you, our resident techie helpmate!  I bet you were glad to see RTH ; also that your battery was still under warranty.  Did you do anything to get that nice dark typeface?

Lindybird:  I keep intending to go to a Christmas-type concert but never seem to make it.

Had a good drive home and a good couple of days with friend, although we spent much of the time at the rehab facility where her Mom was sent over the weekend with pneumonia (but is doing well now).  I have two days at home before we leave for Prescott Valley early Sunday.  Oh my.

• Annette: I changed the typeface accidentally. I typed my post into the Reply box. But I was tired tonight, and I was afraid that it had spelling or grammar errors. So I cut it from the box and pasted it into Word, in order to spell check it. Then I pasted it back into the Reply box. Cutting and pasting it resulted in the different typeface. Hope that makes sense. 

Get some rest, Annette, before you have to travel again. 

• Thank you and Solstice blessings to you too Diane. Yesterday I met up with my Sister and Brother-in-Law who are over from their home in France for Christmas with her son. I don't see her enough and will make more effort next year - although they are talking about coming back to England after nearly 25 years in Normandy. Luckily they still have a small house here which they rent out, unlike some of their friends who sold up and now cannot afford to move back due to the house prices here. As I mentioned I have a lot of travelling to do over Christmas and my car starting playing up yesterday so I am dropping in at the garage but they explained that they already have a full worksheet with other cars as today is their last working day until New Year so I may have to have a courtesy car. I am thinking about changing the car as I only bought it in June and its been back to garage 3 times already. Oh well must get on as I have Doctors in an hour, follow up from an ECG and blood tests as blood pressure is very erratic.Have a good day all.

• Thank you and Solstice blessings to you too Diane. Yesterday I met up with my Sister and Brother-in-Law who are over from their home in France for Christmas with her son. I don't see her enough and will make more effort next year - although they are talking about coming back to England after nearly 25 years in Normandy. Luckily they still have a small house here which they rent out, unlike some of their friends who sold up and now cannot afford to move back due to the house prices here. As I mentioned I have a lot of travelling to do over Christmas and my car starting playing up yesterday so I am dropping in at the garage but they explained that they already have a full worksheet with other cars as today is their last working day until New Year so I may have to have a courtesy car. I am thinking about changing the car as I only bought it in June and its been back to garage 3 times already. Oh well must get on as I have Doctors in an hour, follow up from an ECG and blood tests as blood pressure is very erratic.Have a good day all.

• Huge thanks to Diane for the beautiful Solstice wishes.  Harelady, I hope you can obtain a reliable car for your journeying. Back after I've eaten some porridge!

• Well, I got rather waylaid. Have had rather a pig of a day - decided to dash off to Sainsburys for a few things, then come home & write on here plus do more decorating around the house. Had to queue to get into the car park. Then fought my way around the shop. Then came out and found a log jam of cars trying to exit the car park. It took me a full 40 minutes just to get out!!!!!

When I got home, I had to answer some phone calls and one was my OH saying he'd soon be home for lunch.  I pottered around but he didn't appear. It was frustrating, as the whole morning had now gone.  When he finally appeared we bolted down our beans on toast! Spent the afternoon opening boxes of decorations and visiting our neighbours. Phew.

• Thanks Diane! Hope all is well with you.

• Hope all is well with you, too,  bjane! Dry here and just getting light. Lots to do today! I'm off!

• Busy day trying to clear some of Things-That-Must-Be-Done before Ch-mas. My back is aching and I am about to have an extremely hot shower before collapsing in front of TV. DIANE - Pleased to hear news of RTH.

• Annette: I changed the typeface accidentally. I typed my post into the Reply box. But I was tired tonight, and I was afraid that it had spelling or grammar errors. So I cut it from the box and pasted it into Word, in order to spell check it. Then I pasted it back into the Reply box. Cutting and pasting it resulted in the different typeface. Hope that makes sense. 

What a cunning idea!! I must remember that when I write a long piece!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/