Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!  I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

Black and grey female wolf of the Druid Pack

Yellowstone National Park, USA

Jim Peaco/NPS, photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• I'm almost relieved about China.  It's been such a nightmare trying to get a visa, and I'm glad I don't have to continue that particular battle.  If I hadn't already been to China I'm sure I would feel very different - but as it is, I will have another couple of idle days on the ship.  Hope it's really warm and I can sit up on deck all day, reading on my Kindle!

• I'm looking forward to Pat's holiday, too :-)   I rushed around, took a whole bagful of music cassettes (remember those?!) to the charity shop, went to M&S for a ham, bought a present for the new baby, then went to see my Friend. She is looking rather pale, and had been food shopping with her OH, which had tired her out.

My OH had meanwhile seen to the laundry, done a lot of hoovering and cleaned the ceiling light fittings. We are now sitting for a rest, and contemplating which box of decs to attack next.

Pat, I was restrained on the last cruise, I took one pair of sandals, one pair of Birkenstocks, two pairs of evening shoes, one silver & one black, and I wore some walking shoes onto the ship. I think you'll be able to find a sun hat in almost every port you go to!!

• Hi all:  No wifi - in fact no internet - at friend's house.  So am catching up offsite.  Glad PatO didn't waste more time or money on the China visa given the short trips.   Lindybird: Well, hope you get to see the new family member at some point.

The site does tend to slow down around Christmas what with people zooming etc.....   I'm leaving for home tomorrow morning; will be home in the pm.....   Hope to be at my house at lot in 2019!!

• Safe journey, Annette.  You have travelled a lot this year. 

• Hi, all. I've just popped in here to say that R.T. Hawk screeched at me twice yesterday -- to say hello when I walked up to the convenience store on the highway. I thought that he and his mate had migrated, because I hadn't seen them. Turns out, they've been working on their nest back in the flood plain. Some years, they are now breeding and producing young much earlier than they have in the past. I've read that other red-tailed hawks in the Midwest are adopting this earlier breeding cycle, too.

I had to spend the day at the auto mechanic's -- my battery was defective, but at least it was still under warranty. I also had to get groceries and supplies while I was in town at two different stores, so I had to drive home through the woods after dark. The coyotes were howling at the nearly full moon while I unloaded my car. I think those song dogs were trying to serenade me with Christmas carols. LOL! 

Safe journey, Annette!

• LOL, Diane!  A serenade!  Glad you got the problem fixed. It's raining again, here. Putting up more decs this morning before dashing off to the hairdressers.

• Where did the day go? Shopping, planning, thinking...

DIANE- lovely that RTH is looking after you and living near. A lovely warm feeling :-)

• Where did the day go, indeed. Got my hair cut, grabbed some bread and milk from the shop, and rushed home to put my decorations up. Tonight, we've been to a concert in Manchester: a Christmas Spectacular evening. Joined in with singing Christmassy songs, and enjoyed a big choir, dancers and two soloist singers. Felt more festive as we left for home! Christmas treeChristmas treeChristmas treeChristmas treeChristmas tree

• Hey, my emojis are working! Christmas treeChristmas treeSmileySmileyChristmas treeChristmas tree

• Solstice blessings to all my friends on this forum. I treasure each of you, and I'm grateful for your presence in my life. Season's Greetings and Happy New Year! I wish you all peace, joy, and justice in 2019. 

The solstice is Friday, 21 December, in the U.K. and the U.S. The solstice full moon is Saturday, 22 December, in the U.K. and the U.S. In Adelaide, Australia, the solstice is the 22nd, and the full moon is the 23rd.