Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

Everyone have a wonderful and peaceful week!

• Evening all:

Lindybird: My OH had the ear problem and those exercise worked for him too. A shame about your neighbor. Did the docs provide any explanation at all?

Diane: Amazing to hear the sounds from Mars. What an exciting time for these scientists. So what are the Woolly Worms saying about winter in Indiana? There's supposed to be a Delta launch tomorrow (canceled today), due for just after 8 pm tomorrow.

I tossed some ancient Christmas lights around the garden today, but not as many as usual as I'm running out of light bulbs. Our lovely local hardware store closed down and I can't pop around the corner to pick up spares. Besides, I'm tired of fighting my way through shrubs and roses to hang the darn things.

Can't believe another week is gone.... ;Take care all.

• Good Morning, All. Still windy here after a noisy night. Not very cold, though, for this time of year. Just watching the forecast and gales are still on the map for a while.

Annette, I questioned my OH about the neighbours diagnosis but got a garbled reply - I'll have to go around there myself to find out what's going on. I've got a tin of shortbread for them as a thank you gift, as they keep an eye on our house for us on our many absences, so I'll be popping in with that, soon.

Off to do food shopping etc. Waiting to hear news of a new baby in the family, always a cheerful event but especially good for this couple who have been through a lot to get to this stage.

• DIANE- I heard the Martian winds! Sounded a bit spooky to me:-) I think that I heard that the Chinese are planning a landing on the far side of the moon? 

LINDY - my late OH had terrible dizziness and loss of balance in the last year of his life. Nobody seemed very interested, I thought that they were just going through the motions. Eventually we saw an ENT consultant privately, arranged by me, not GP. He was the one who after various tests, told us his suspicions, which sadly, proved to be correct. GP thought it was - quote - ' age related loss of balance' . 

Regarding watches, I only have one and don't always wear it. I usually have my phone in my pocket....

I sometimes get frustrated by books that flit between one era and another. It depends how well it is done and how much I'm gripped by the story! And yes, there seem to be a lot of books with the same or similar title...

FB - I'm sorry that your B12 deficiency doesn't seem to be responding to treatment. I hope it will do so, soon.

I'd better go and get stuff organised. Granddaughter Katie and her boyfriend ( can she really be old enough?!) are arriving soon to do my Christmass Tree etc. It isn't a question of me not being able to do it - it's a family tradition that grandchildren do it. My stepgrandchildren also used to do it before they went off to uni etc. I think that Amy will arrive also, when she finishes work. She has just started a Saturday and Sunday job in Dobbies garden centre.

• Heather:  I finished the Clockmaker's Daughter, speeding through the last quarter because I figured that much of the text wouldn't be relevant to the ending.  It may haven been, but again there were so many secondary characters and distractions that even when the resolution was reached, the author couldn't resist a couple of additional chapters to explain or update something.  I've never been so dissatisfied with a book!  Moreover (and I may have ranted about this before), some of the chapters had subtitles (off to the left in small type and easy to miss); some didn't and some apparent chapters had Roman numerals as headings.  I mean, when it gets that complicated, it's time to rethink the entire approach. The plot was basically good, but you couldn't see it for the characters.  Rant ended.   Have fun with grand kids!  Good for Amy!

Lindybird:   I have the same problem with my OH.  He can talk to granddaughter about something (or anyone for that matter) and when I ask him to give me more info, it's either incomplete or garbled....    Sigh.   Hope much wanted baby arrives safe and sound.

• Don't think I'd enjoy a book like that, either!   Have just bought a couple of bargain books for my Kindle, but don't know why as there must be at least ten on there which I'd love to read but don't have time to, and in fact I never finished the one I was enjoying on the cruise!  Ho hum.  Still waiting for news of baby. 

Finally got my Eldest to say what they'd like for Christmas and it's vouchers, so at least that's easily organised! Amber's toys are all ordered, thank goodness.

Getting tonight's meal together and also looking out serving dishes for tomorrow at the same time, as Friend G and her OH are coming for dinner. Going to serve a simple chicken casserole as she can't be tempted to eat much but will enjoy getting out and about.

Enjoy your visitors, Heather :-)

• OG has had communication with George, and she asked me to post and say that George sends good wishes to everyone. His health is unchanged since last year. He's still taking his relatives shopping, and he'll be sharing Christmas them.

• So pleased to read that!  Thank you, Diane. And of course, OG. Who we miss on here, too.

• Thank you Diane, for passing on the new of George and OG. It really is good to keep touch. I realise that each year when I get out the Christmas card list. These I days it it good to be able to use email .just to know that everyone is happy and enjoying life.

• Nice to know George is OK, also OG.   ForestBoar, hope blood test will be satisfactory.

Heather, read that China was going to send a probe etc to the far side of the moon, too.

I'll be totally honest, for bedtime reading I like a Mills and Boon medical romance - read it whilst drinking my Horlicks.

Bit of a disaster tonight, cooked the pizza and nearly forgot it so crust round edge was well done and to top it all, forgot to time the chips and when I remembered to look they were very well done. We soldiered through it but musn't let that happen again.  OH and Dau put up with it!!!

Its been breezy and damp down here but surprisingly mild.

Take care all and enjoy the rest of your weekend.