Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 December 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

Everyone have a wonderful and peaceful week!

• Well, that copy and paste didn't work, so here is the link.

Oddly when I 'edit' the post the c&p piece shows, but just disappears when actually posted!  Odd.

• Thank you, Sheila.  Interesting that we on the Osprey threads are not the only ones who are not happy with the changes....  Its such a shame that a thriving community like this should be lost just because someone thought we should be "updated". I'm not expecting everyone to return to our group and its the end of an era if that happens. 

• Just a quick post as I am having a bit of a bumpy ride with B12 levels. I am relying on our pharmacist as he is not restricted to NHS rules. Had a B12 blood test this morning then have to follow up next week with a GP appointment.

• Morning all: Well, sigh, type is still pale gray and too big with too much white space (I sound like a stuck needle!) But thanks to SheilaFE's link, I see they're still gathering suggestions for improvements.

Lindybird: Perhaps your neighbor has that crystals-in-the-ear problem which can be reduced by head/neck exercises. I had one cheapo TImex watch that lasted for years and one nice one that someone gave me years before, but which daughter (while on school 5K walk) lost. :-( And of course, there are clocks on phones and in cars and on every appliance and the radio is always telling us too!

Diane: I missed the heads up but was intrigued to learn of the US to EU change (I suppose it will stay in the EU even if Brexit actually happens!). :-) EDIT: Just saw - again thanks to SheilaFE - Elliott's update re no expected change re Brexit. I saw that you guys were in for a storm. When we were in Oregon, OH's cousin was saying that the squirrel's tails were unusually thick this year and she wondered if that meant a hard winter.... Who needs weather forecasters when we have birds and squirrels... :-) I also hope George is well and just busy and/or lurking....

EDIT: Apropos of seasonal changes, I noticed a dramatic lack of orb spiders and their webs in the garden this Fall......

ForestBoar: Gosh, hope they sort out your B12 soon - deficiency can have unexpected syimptoms.

Lynette: Mince pies - yum! Hope OH's shoulder shows marked improvement.

Sunny and bright here today.

Take care everyone.

• Just to say Hello, I hope to write soon. Have been out for most of the day, lunch and shopping with eldest daughter. 

• Hope you had a good time, Heather. I would like to have a daughter to go shopping with! Sons are just not the same, as I expect you know!

Annette - I had that crystals in ear thing, and was most surprised to find that my doctors suggestion to try the head exercises actually worked! But our neighbour is far worse, and can hardly walk across a room without weaving around as if he's had one too many, poor man. He also has a bad chest as he has been a carpenter all his life and in those days no one wore masks to prevent themselves from breathing in the fine sawdust.

Been busy ordering children's presents online. Hope they all arrive promptly as we are off, this time next week, to visit our Eldest and family for a long weekend. Hoping to see little Amber in her first school production, and also distribute our presents as we will not be seeing them again until February. I've also been writing some letters to go in Christmas cards and have mopped a few floors and my brow!

• ForestBoar, hope your pharmacy and the medics can sort you out. No fun.

• Sheila: Thanks for the link with more info on the site changes. 

Lindy: I hope you're able to solve the mystery of your roof leak and make effective repairs right away. I know how destructive roof leaks are! I hope you're enjoying the Christmas preparations. 

Annette: I have also noticed the correlation between the thickness of the squirrels' tails and the severity of the winter conditions. LOL Seriously. Here, we also predict the winter severity by looking at Woolly Worms, also called Woolly Bears. They are the caterpillar of the Isabella Tiger Moth. They have stripes of bright orange-brown and black. The wider the black stripes are, the harsher the winter. 

I came on here to say that for the first time scientists have heard the wind on Mars!  Well, they heard the vibrations from the Mars wind. Scroll down HERE. You have to turn your sound volume way up. 

• We heard the vibrations, Diane!  Love the Woolly Worms, they look cuddly (although I know that some of these cute looking caterpillars are full of poisons or other nasty surprises).

The wind is coming back, here. The forecast says a few wild hours ahead, and it's already getting very breezy.

• Stay safe, Lindy. Hope the wild winds don't threaten you. The woolly bears aren't poisonous or venomous. A lot of birds don't eat them because the little hairs irritate their stomach linings.