Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 November 2018

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

I chose a Kestrel for this week, because I know that OG likes them. :-)

American Kestrel
Gardiner Basin, Yellowstone National Park, USA
National Park Service, NPS/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Morning all: Rain all night here; sunny now with more to come this pm. 

Heather: Yes, you did tell us about your bro (no worries - too much going on everywhere).  

Lindybird:  Well, I guess it's good that your OH's phone turned up, but exhausting in the process.  I lost my iPhone in my office once - had to activate Where's My iPhone, which set of a very loud alarm that nearly knocked me off my chair! 

Am going to toddle down to Ventura today to TJMaxx and Target - assuming my car doesn't balk.  It's been sounding a bit reluctant to start this last day or so and am going to swing by our mechanic's shop to have him check the battery, etc.

• Hi, folks. I apologize for the large type/font that I used on my first post, when I started the thread. I was experimenting, trying to find a font that was dark enough and large enough for everyone to comfortably read. The result was too big, but I couldn't seem to edit it after posting. My own fault for experimenting.

Hope you all are safe from the big storm. 

• Don't apologise, Diane, it's fine the size it is. My OH and I are OK, although it was very windy for a few hours - we thought we might lose our famous plum tree as it was swaying alarmingly, but it's still standing!

I've been breaking my diet as our recent guest gave us a box of chocs, and once they're open I can't resist having "just one" LOL!

• Hi Slight smile

A fair bit of heavy rain here today, with the occasional strongish breeze. Although nothing to cause any concern. Unless of course your favourite pastime is making matchstick models, on the roofs of tall buildings. The rain on the other hand, was very heavy at times, occasionally calming down to monsoon levels.

Well, enough of the weather. I should mention my coffee experiments, and how a humble mocka pot can be a great friend. Okay so it's not strictly espresso it makes but a coffee which is most like espresso at home, without an expensive machine. Heat some milk to make a latte. Make a hot chocolate (reduce the amount of chocolate powder) to make a mocha. The secret is to add the espresso last, so as not to burn the coffee. I don’t think I could tackle anything more complex at home but I'm having fun, and of course there's always the cafetiere for relative quickness in the morning.

Edited for a horrendous typo. 

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• I see slight changes to the site, but could be more. Fine for those that pop in daily (or oftener) but leaving it a few days mean clicking View more. . . View more. . . View more, to reach where I last was. Too much space wasted on white spacing. Oh well that’s life, it just gets more difficult, more unreasonable.

Recent times much the same around here . Ch-mas shopping for Little People completed – let’s hope they don’t grow larger or change favourite colours in the next month! About 2 weeks ago we had a burst of summer heat, 35 C one day. Since then we’ve had rain, wind, storm, now low 20s. OH who feels the cold, had to reset his a/c back to heating! Aussieland is a big place, while we are shivering, Queensland is suffering extreme heat, high winds & raging bushfires. Yet on Wed there was a downpour in Sydney that stopped trains & planes.

• No need to apologise for the font size, Diane. 

Glad to hear your plum tree is okay, Lindybird. 

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Hello one and all. I am still an intermittent lurker, as you know and like to hear of your various comings and goings, but I have confess to finding this update somewhat bewildering. I click on latest and find my time is going backwards. Click on latest and I am forever clicking on 'more' or whatever the phrase is. Am I just getting to old for this?  I just have to think what will happen when EJ returns.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Hi AQ Slight smile I have to say the retention of the "View More" button is something that annoys me about the latest update  At least a 'go to last post' button would help. I know what it's like to miss a few days on this site. 

• And why is my post below Lindybird's which was posted 15 hours ago, but Heather's was 10 hours ago??!!  

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Hi Sheila. I've scanned back through posts and everything looks in chronological order. Of course I still think the choice of reading a thread from newest to oldest, or oldest to newist when opening a thread should be available to the end user in their 'settings' I like the latest update but there is still some room for improvement.