Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 November 2018

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week!

I chose a Kestrel for this week, because I know that OG likes them. :-)

American Kestrel
Gardiner Basin, Yellowstone National Park, USA
National Park Service, NPS/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Easier for me on my I phone..

my only niggle is it’s slow to load and to be quite honest I could make a cup of tea whilst waiting...

Its just this site which is so slow .

• I like newest first but that is because I read daily... but being a lurker don’t always post.

• It's pretty quick on a Pentium I7 processor laptop.

Richard B

• I used to be able to keep 'Weekly Chat' (or any other site I was following) on an open tab and then refresh from where I last looked.  I would like to be able to do that here - otherwise I have to scroll back to the last thing I read in order to catch up, if you see what I mean.  But it's certainly better than having to scroll through several pages each time. 

• Personally, I'm quite pleased with the newest post first set up. Although, an option in one’s own settings to change pages to automatically load with the oldest post first wouldn't be a bad thing. However I find the new set up very easy to deal with. 

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• It's certainly a step in the right direction. I like having the latest post first too, but I"m not sure why the very first post of the new thread is still at the top (Diane's Happy New Week and Kestrel photo).  I also wouldn't mind smaller, darker text with less space in between the lines (less scrolling for us!).  

• It seems very strange to me.  I guess I'm more of a creature of habit than I thought. I agree that it's still all too pale, and with too much space between lines, which means that less can be shown at one time. If there's a discussion it will be harder to see all the relevant posts more or less together.

I notice that the text looks darker (although it's smaller) in the box I'm writing in than on the page generally. 

• Good Morning!  Very windy and blowy, here. The gusts may cause some minor damage, I think. I've been super busy and so no time to be bothered with trying to cope with changes on here. We had a guest for the weekend, as an old friend of ours came up from the Midlands to visit our Friend G on her birthday. A lot of gossip and laughter, but now I have to find all the Christmas presents etc which I had hidden away when tidying up our guest room.

I hope everyone usually posting here is keeping well, and that we can get back to some kind of 'normal' here soon.

• Hello all! Dull and wet here and I can't make a reply that isn't dull and wet :-)

My poor brother is still in a great deal of pain. He was pulled over by his dog, a husky, while out walking a week or two ago. Husky went to chase another dog which had appeared out of the darkness. Said dog was not on lead and no owner visible. My brother, unfortunately, had the lead wrapped around his wrist. He has a fractured rib, scapula and clavicle. Sorry if I've told the story before! I lost the plot here when the site was being changed.

• Sorry to hear that your brother is still suffering, Heather: you did tell us that the dog had pulled him over, and it meant medical help was needed. I hope he makes a full recovery soon.

The wind has died down here a bit, but it's still giving us heavy showers now & then. I'm trying to pull things together after our visitors departure and our full day out yesterday, getting Christmas supplies etc. It ended with my OH mislaying his mobile phone and a frantic few hours retracing our steps to many car parks where we had stopped, plus where we had our lunch. Eventually, we had to give up and start contacting people to say that he was uncontactable, if you know what I mean! Then, when we sat down exhausted by it all, we found that it was in Tesco Customer Services as someone had handed it in. So my OH set out on the 40 minute journey for the third time in one day, to collect it. Needless to say, we went to bed early after that!