Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 October 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, happy week.

Immature Bald Eagle
Everglades National Park, Florida
NPS Photo/Rodney Cammauf
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• LINDY - good to know that you are there with no major problems.

OG - maybe EE could drop J off somewhere and pick him up later? The doc was left with little alternative but to stop him driving, as you say. Especially if J couldn't identify a trigger for the episodes.

• HEATHER - couldn't agree more - I wanted to stop him driving myself!  Sure we shall try to help him get out and about a bit while necessary - especially to his music sessions and to work - even if he has to walk home from work in the afternoons.  J does have OH on his car insurance, so won't have to illegally use my motability vehicle - so long as he remembers one is petrol and the other diesel when topping up!  We do have good bus services here - train is usually good but has recently been affected by the problems at Ayr station.  (But nobody is daft enough to go out in today's rain!).

• That's a nuisance for J not to be allowed to drive for a while, but it's for the best I should think. I hope they can pronounce upon what's causing these problems, soon.

It's still wet here and now they've changed their minds about tomorrow, which was supposed to be sunny. Now it's only going to clear up by lunchtime. Never mind, Monday will be dry!

I see that Lynette is going with P&O, as we did when we were on 'Ventura' last year. I was pleased to find then that we had a kettle and some mugs, and I had taken some teabags but they even gave us some of those, too. This year we had to take our own mini kettle and mugs, but I was determined to still have my cuppa 1st thing in the morning!

Heather - My Friend G is indeed a remarkable woman. She takes after her father, who had so many friends that they could not all get into the crematorium for the service when he died (I went to the funeral). She is a very strong character and has had bad health for some years: she may feel despair but will not show it to anyone. Neither of us has talked about the unfairness of it all, we've seen this too many times as both of us have lost friends and relatives. We speak only of positive things when together.

• Hello all those that have proffered advice for the cruise.  It says there are tea and coffee making facilities. Hairdryer is provides as well. As to the shampoo etc I think I will take my own but probably leave what I have left with them. At present those weighty items are in my hand luggage so it has taken some of the weight out of the case. Also decided that I am not going to unpack again and if I have to use things twice etc then I will.   Thanks again.

Although its been very windy down here we have had no rain and the weather has been simply balmy - so crazy for this time of year, but they say it will be a few degrees colder tomorrow, we'll see.

OG - sorry to hear of the health problems of J, do hope he is sorted out before too long. Keep well yourselves.

• OH, are you back in N.Wales for your break. Hope you are not too badly hit with the storm and that it will subside soon.

Have a good weekend all.

• Just out of interest this is the description for a double balcony stateroom - we have been upgraded to this from an outside ocean view cabin.
    • Daily steward service
    • Interactive TV, radio, telephone, safe, hairdryer and refrigerator
    • Tea and Coffee making facilities, air conditioning
    • Wardrobe and drawer space, Vanity desk and chair.
    • Two lower beds convertible to a king-size bed**
    • Mineral water upon arrival and luxurious pamper pack
    • Bathroom with shower and WC
    • Floor to ceiling doors leading to Balcony area with recliner chairs
    • Approx 233 square feet

• Lovely, Lynette -- We had only a sea view room.  You will enjoy the bit of extra space, and having a kettle is a nice little extra touch.

The pamper pack will have shampoo, shower gel and body lotion at least. Enjoy!!