Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 September 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week -- the last week before the Autumn Equinox. 

Instead of a picture, here are two short videos:

I love THIS OWL. Unfortunately, I can make that same face when I'm angry about something important. Seriously. LOL! (Video is 10 seconds.)

Annette needs ONE OF THESE to help her harvest oranges from her tree. LOL! (Video is 1 minute 38 seconds.)

Take care, all. 

• I love coming home, too, OG. To my bed, my bits and bobs around me! Sheana next door used to spend almost three months in the Algarve every winter. I would be so homesick. I'm remembering though, that you and EE have historically done a few trips each year? Maybe like me, a week is the most you can contemplate. My old darling wouldn't be away for longer than two weeks. ( One week longer than I wanted!) I think it was pre internet days and he feared that his money matters might go hop skip and jump unless he was here at the helm!  

• Now theres an idea, WENDY :-)

• Indeed it jolly well is Heather..

I know your son trades in “spirits” but this is light years beyond anything mass produced as you can tweek whilst it’s sleeping...

• Heather bearing  in mind Kilner jars are in the dark and in the wardrobe in our bedroom and need a good shake every other day for two weeks and thereafter once a week we will change the conversation and discuss the weather :/))

• "Maybe we all go backwards after 70....."  --  I told my Youngest that from henceforth I wouldn't have any more birthdays, and if asked, I would say I was Seven!!

We are all coming around later for some tasting of the sloe gin, Wendy!!

OG - I know we've done a lot of travelling this year, but both of us love returning to our own beds!!  I could happily spend a couple of months of winter in warmer climes, though.  But I could never live permanently abroad.

Tried on lots of clothes this afternoon, and rooted out some jewellery to go with the posh frocks to wear on my hols.  Spoke to G on the phone today and she is being practical, as usual.

• Bonnie's Blog

I had a funny day - this morning, Dad took me for a walk in the drizzle, and was annoyed when I found a really old, yummy rabbits foot in the woods. I spent quite a while chewing it all up and swallowing it, then when we finally got home, he said "You're having a small breakfast, now!" 

This afternoon Mum kept going into the bedroom and coming out wearing different things, saying to Dad, "What do you think?"  -- -- I'm not sure what was going on, but as he was trying to read a book, he didn't seem to be looking very hard at what she had on!  I think he said "Very nice" a couple of times without really looking!

• Good Morning, All.  Dry here, and my OH has shot off to his golf game without waking me. The wind is blustery as promised.

I'm going to go to John Lewis where they stock the lipsticks I like, then have a poke around M&S. (I'm allergic to most lipsticks, didn't wear any for years)

• Visit to city this morn. Found a book for Soon-to-be-Miss7 – bookshops are few and far between these days. I still have to find 100-piece jigsaw, another day. After some successful research in State Library, I tried again for a lipstick. Fussy me doesn’t like glossy, or bright colours or so pale-can’t see-it. And unreasonable me wants something that lasts longer than ½ hour. The most recent purchases failed, one on lasting, the other, well, the stick is so soft it looks as if it is melting from the heat.  No joy today, all the “new spring” colours are teenage bright. I guess I shall have to wait for dull autumn. Returned home to find OH in front of TV. That’s second day home after he thought maybe he’d go out. Tiny sprinkle of rain did not clear the air, hence I am wheezing again. Oh dear, tomorrow is Wednesday again already too soon!